Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is muse agency a real agency?

today i was walking at the mall with my mom & this girl came up to me said that im really pretty and said that she is from muse modeling agency and so if i would like to become a model she gave me her card. now i was wondering if its a scam.

Update:

also they said if im not 17 i would have to come in with a parent. also they said professional school & expensive photoshoots are not required.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • eri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a ton of agencies with that name. Chances are good that yes, it's a scam. If they ask you to pay money for anything, it's a scam.

• 1 decade ago

Check out the details on the card she gave you. Some big companies do work this way, picking out real people on the street. 'Plus' signs are that you were with your Mom and that you appear not to have been harassed.

Keep your Mom on board, keep checking, take your Mom with you to any photo-shoot, and NEVER pay out any money for a 'folio' or promises of contacts.... if they genuinely want you, they won't ask you for money.

And NEVER take your clothes off for filming, even if your Mom is with you.

• 1 decade ago

Check the agency out on the Better Buisness Bureau.

Go in for an interveiw, if you have to pay a dime, they are no good.

• 1 decade ago

Check with your local Chamber of Commerce and/or the Better Business Bureau to see if they are registered. If they say they are National, they'll be listed as a Business with Credentials. Just proceed with caution and find out who is on their client list.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.