Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

Just recorded a song... voice help?

I just recorded seriously for the first time (used to try a few lines just to test my voice) and I sound better than I used to, but Im still kind of monotone and it really stands out in front of the beat, how can I kind of tone my voice to be a bit less boring and less... Squidward-ish=P, also, please make sure you read and understand the next part before answering:

IM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE MY VOICE, IM TRYING TO MAKE IT LESS MONOTONE AND TRY AND TONE IT A BIT, THERES A DIFFERENCE, I REALIZE I CANT COMPLETELY CHANGE MY VOICE, IF THATS WHAT I WANTED TO DO I WOULD SAY SO, I AM FULLY AWARE I WAS BORN WITH THE VOICE I HAVE, AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE.

that aside, is there anything I can do in my free time (like humming, moving my adams apple around or something, idk) besides going to a voice trainer? we dont have anything like that around here... thanks

and its rap, dont say voice doesnt matter for rap... if your favorite rapper suddenly sounded shitty and boring, I can guarantee you wouldn't listen to them

Favorite Answer

when i started rapping on a regular condenser i was used to rapping on tiny voice recorders so i would always try not to be too loud.

just pretend like you're talking to a person. eventually you'll be able to rap in different voices, i can make my voice sound like snoop dogg cuz i always have a nostril plugged so i kinda sound like that anyway.

but i can also sound really aggressive. another thing, you need to add vocal effects, i will ALWAYS add reverb no exceptions. another thing i will do is record one in my regular voice and then record over that with a deep effect over the second voice. or a high pitched effect.

sometimes if you do a regular voice and then record over it standing far away from the mic and literally screaming at it your voice will sound more aggressive.

take a look at the first part of my next episode on my youtube page and you'll hear me using a combo of my normal voice and a deep voice. cuz without it i sounded like you described.

Source(s): personal experience. my youtube page- youtube.com/666lilnicky