How long after having a baby do you have your period?

This might be tmi, but whatever.

Okay so I had my daughter 4 weeks ago. After I had her I bled heavy for 2 days. Bled a little bit for a day then after that was just spotting. I've still been spotting, it's been Brown to a light Brown it color. No blood. Now, I started bleeding, not heavy, but not light about 2 hours ago. Also these little flesh colored pieces come out...also, yesterday I was having really bad back pains that are now gone. So could it be me getting my period? And also, my nurse told me no intercourse for 6 weeks, but I figured since I had a csection I could have sex now, so me and my boyfriend had sex this afternoon. I know I should have listened...but is it my period or is something wrong?

Favorite Answer

Mind came back 3 month after giving birth .. everyone is different. I've heard that if you breast feed it could take up to a year for it to come back.

All women get their periods at different times after they have their children. I had mine 2 months after having my baby and with the next one had a period a month later. I had friends who got their's 2 weeks after. It really all depends. If you are having pain and soaking a pad every hour or two, you should go to the ER/DR and let them decide. Better safe than sorry. My sister in law had pieces of placenta left inside her that they didn't find until she bled irratically. Congratulations, Good luck, and be safe!

i had a csection and started right after and it lasted a month. and they tell you to wait so you dont strain your stomach. so if your stomach doest hurt then your fine. remember you havent had a period for 9 months so it has to come out sometime lol

It's been 5 months for me and I haven't got mine either. However, I am breastfeeding round the clock. You should ask your doctor about birth control. LAM is working for us.