Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How do atheist write off Christianity as a complete fiction when there is archeological evidence?

There even pagan Roman "writings" where the talk of the man and the movement.

6,000 year old earth there only a few Christians that believe that try harder.

The only fool that thinks that Christianity has nothing to do with politics is Obama. No Name you hit it on the head.

• Cherie
    Favorite Answer

For those who believe.......no proof is necessary. For those who don't..........no proof i ever enough.

As a Christian, I find this defense to be pathetic. According to the main logic in the video, I could write a fiction book about Obama using nuclear weapons to wipe out Arizona for being the HQ of the Tea Party, and it would be truth somehow. I'm sorry, but they are going to try a little harder to defend the Bible. And it isn't helping any that many of the holy relics are being questioned as to the validity, (Shroud of Torin) and people are coming up with ways to make it look older than it really is.

The USA has no state religion. The USA has never had a state religion and will never have a state religion.

It is regrettable that many in the country want a state religion here....our country was specifically founded upon the principle that no religion will ever BE a state religion here, nor will any governance policies ever be instituted based on anyone's religious beliefs.

Many countries do have state religions...but the USA does not, will not, and it remains the best way to run a country because only the interest of the country are properly taken into consideration.

Certainly you may exercise your right to mix religion in with YOUR personal feelings about government, but you should probably understand that most of us consider it our duty as American citizens to put aside any religious beliefs, racial biases, etc. when we make governance decisions.

I am a member of a church, and I hold fairly strong religious beliefs. I put them aside when I consider governance decisions.

Today, you may feel as though you and fellow Christians are entitled to insist on Christian prayer in public schools. Tomorrow, the demographics of our country will, undoubtedly, change. I wonder how delighted you would be to find that the majority of the country was, perhaps, MUSLIM...and that MUSLIM prayers were being taught in our public schools.

It is a Pandora's box we have never...and will never....open. There are good reasons for it.

Your familiarity with history should certainly have given you some insight of the many problems in the Old World that were...and continue to be caused....by religious groups trying to impose their beliefs upon governance policy in their countries.

We will avoid that....just as we have in the past....by never giving in to any line of whine from any religious groups about how THEIR religion is THE religion the USA should espouse in governance decisions and policy.

Many countries DO have state religions....every airport in the country has planes leaving for them every day of this world. If living in a country with a state religion...YOUR religion... is important to you...then feel perfectly free to follow the instructions of your conscience and go live in one.

The USA is not a Christian country, nor is it a Jewish country, nor is it a Muslim country...nor will it ever be a country with ANY state religion.

This is pretty simple Citizenship 101 stuff...and should be a no-brainer for someone who seems to be as familiar with history as you claim to be.

My answer to your question is in regard to the relevance of your question to Politics. Your questions regarding atheists vs. Christianity should NOT be posted in Politics....it is a matter for the Religion and Spirituality section.

But, to answer you briefly.... atheists write off Christianity as a complete fiction for the same reason most people do things....because they want to.

Some evidence doesn't prove a damn thing.

There is mountains upon mountains of empirical evidence of evolution yet most Christians still deny that fact and hold on by the shred of hope that the last missing link will never be found so that evolution can become official.

So I'm going to apply that same logic here. Until it's a fact, it's not a fact. Some evidence doesn't prove anything.

Have a nice day.

Atheists do not try to convert Christians but Christians feel they must convert everyone. So, the problem is not atheists accepting Christianity but Christians intolerance of atheists.

The same reason Christian fundamentalists don't believe the world is at least millions of years old. I don't understand why people just can't sit back and let others believe what they believe it peace. Even if I wasn't religious at all, I'd still believe there was a man (most likely of a dark complexion), called Yeshua (currently translated to Jesus Christ) -- Just as I believe there was a Megellan or a Charlamagne. What you believe Christ did and didn't do is all opinion. There's evidence, but not proof, in other words.

• ?

Atheism is part of the belief system, theist believe there is a god and atheist believe there isn't. As an agnostic I prefer knowledge over belief, and there is a lot we still don't know.

The Bible is contextually correct, but the specifics are not substatiated.

Speaking as an Atheist, I do believe there was a person named Jesus. And I believe he was crucified. However, the rest is debatable.

This has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

Also, some would argue Paul hijacked the "doctrine of the Christ" preached by Jesus and morphed it into a rehashed Apollo-esque worship that appealed to wide range of Roman citizens of the time.

Some, not all atheists seem to not be just without religion but are anti religion. They allow themselves to be so consumed by hatred that they feel the need to attack those who believe in any religion, trying to continuously dismiss it in hopes that someone will listen to them, hoping everyone can be as hatefilled as them.

Let it go dude,,I'm Christian, they don't buy into what I believe, I'm not gonna spend another second of my life trying to drag them in kicking and screaming..I know what I believe and I also know not everone is gonna get on board, no matter what I say or do...Not my problem, I'm not God...God takes care of those types of issues....That simple, move on....