Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does it mean when a guy says that you're beautiful but not drop dead gorgeous?

Update:

does he like me?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hey, a guy friend once told me that I'm attactive, but I'm not 'hot'. I was offended at first, but after thinking about it...I realized he was right. To him, Kim Kardashian is HOT. To him, Shakira is HOT. I'm not up to that caliber, nor do I expect to be. I think with your guy, when he says someone is drop dead gorgeous, I envision the contestants on Miss Universe. Tall, great bods, perfect hair, gorgeous face......eh, basically a living barbie doll. And let'ss face it hun, not everyone can be a living barbie doll. In fact, 1 out of 10 females are barbie dolls (and they happen to be on Miss Universe). haha. My point is that.....he's living in a fantasy land!! I highly doubt he's a gorgeous guy himself, so he truly shouldnt aim for gorgeous girls. You should tell him. that. ;) There is nothing wrong with beautiful. It's much more easier being beautiful than gorgeous anyways! Beautiful....is beautiful, after all! ;D

• 1 decade ago

I think it means what it sounds like, but personally I think that I would rather be beautiful that drop dead gorgeous. It seems like the beautiful girls continue to remain beautiful throughout their whole lives, whereas it's kind of a toss up on whether a drop dead gorgeous girl will stay that way...a lot of times the really tan ones get wrinkly sooner or they use their beauty to find relationships and consequently do not find fulfilling, lasting relationships. The term "beautiful" is usually given to a girl who looks good on the outside and inside.

• Joel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Meaning you're good looking to a certain extent.

• 1 decade ago

you aint no super model girl

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

high expectations, much?

answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjByo...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

thats great..

• 1 decade ago

ur top notch...:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.