Sooo...if Glenn Beck wants all Americans to "return to God"?

What happens to those Americans who are Atheist/Agnostic?

What do you suppose Glenn Beck thinks should happen to them? How can they return to something they don't believe in?

Insight..

"If the Atheists just sit down and shut up, no one will notice them or even pay any attention to them"

- Oh, because our voice isn't allowed to be heard, I suppose- Ignorance...pure ignorance.

• Tony R
    Favorite Answer

That is what he believes is the best way for people to gain moral integrity. I don't necissarilly agree, but this isn't what matters. The message behind it is what matters, and it's the same for everyone, Athiest or not: we need to teach morals, not with words, but action. We need to restore moral integrity to this country.

In spite of being extremely religious Beck is also very tolerant. At his "Restoring Honor" event he had a Rabbi and an Indian Chief. And even though he is religious and I am an Atheist I support him. It's not truly devout religious people that I worry about. It's the half hearted hypocrites that judge others. I don't think that Glenn Beck would be the sort to throw a non believer out of his church. The people who do that are unstable and believe in nothing.

• Ann

Honestly, they only hear what they want to. The far left is made up of the most intolerant, hateful, ignorant, and out-of-touch sheeple that this country has to offer. Case in point: User "MJ FOREVER LOVED!" remains blissfully ignorant of what the president actually said when he took Gates' side in his knee-jerk reaction. MJ FOREVER claims that "Gates was a personal friend of the Presidents, so he reacted in support of his friend. I would have certainly did the same thing." What the President actually said was, "well, I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened, but it is obvious that the police acted stupidly", then went on to talk about "there are very many real cases of racial profiling that still go on today", which doesn't even apply to this particular case. MJ FOREVER doesn't "give a ***** about Beck one way or the other", and says he is a "piece of *****". I would be willing to lay huge odds that MJ FOREVER has never actually watched an episode of Glenn Beck with an open mind, because she doesn't have to, because she was already told what to believe and who to dismiss by other wack-jobs from the left. It is this wilfull ignorance and venomous hate from the 0bamaholics and other useful idiots which cause me to fear the most for my nation.

It's not a requirement.

If the Atheists just sit down and shut up, no one will notice them or even pay any attention to them. As far as the agnostics go, it's my understanding they do believe in God, they just don't know who it is.

Well, as Glenn Beck already continually calls for my "elimination" (death), I would imagine that Beck believes that atheists and agnostics and anyone who does not follow the xtian "god" should be put to death.

• ?

Okay. One more bandwagon jump and I am done with the Glenn god damn Beck discussion.

He said he wants Americans to "return to God"?

Is that a nice way of saying he wants all Americans dead?

How dare Beck insinuate that we ever left God. Who is Glen Beck to tell us what to do. What a grandiose person this man is. How can someone promote war and racism all year then preach about God from the Lincoln Center.

I'd be glad to personally send them to God ;)

I think this would be more of a Religion/Spirituality section question.

Anyway, no one ever bashes MLK for making the same kind of references.

I think his general thought is that people should trust "god" not the government. I think he's attempting to create a contrast between the two. In his mind: Government is attempting to replace "god" via "social justice" political ideology.

Beck doesn't care; he's like any other politician/celebrity who invokes God's name to get what they want. I'd be surprised if the guy was really a Christian.