Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Financial Aid Question~ Enrolled at the University of Phoenix?

I am enrolled at the UoP. I am reading several horror stories as to peoples financial not getting dispursed? Has anyone else had this problem? Also, I got a loan for $9500 and a pell grant for $5550. I should recieve back $5650.00. Will they send me all of this at once or split it up? I chose to take out more of a loan for living expenses. I am a single mom. Can anyone offer me any insight?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you will not receive any additional funding or loans as a result of being a single mom; that was your own decision, and you have to live with it.

• 1 decade ago

Your pell grant is $5500 for the entire year. If you chose to get the maximum amount of loans you will get a refund, which takes a couple months, like twice a year. Depending on your program, I do believe you should receive about $2,000 to $3,000.

Source(s): AA degree from Axia, current BS student at UOP, several family members graduated from UOP
  • 1 decade ago

Your $5500 Pell grant is for the entire year so you will probably will only be awarded half now and half in the spring. Same goes for the loan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.