Financial Aid Question~ Enrolled at the University of Phoenix?

I am enrolled at the UoP. I am reading several horror stories as to peoples financial not getting dispursed? Has anyone else had this problem? Also, I got a loan for $9500 and a pell grant for $5550. I should recieve back $5650.00. Will they send me all of this at once or split it up? I chose to take out more of a loan for living expenses. I am a single mom. Can anyone offer me any insight?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

you will not receive any additional funding or loans as a result of being a single mom; that was your own decision, and you have to live with it.

Your pell grant is $5500 for the entire year. If you chose to get the maximum amount of loans you will get a refund, which takes a couple months, like twice a year. Depending on your program, I do believe you should receive about $2,000 to $3,000.

Source(s): AA degree from Axia, current BS student at UOP, several family members graduated from UOP

Your $5500 Pell grant is for the entire year so you will probably will only be awarded half now and half in the spring. Same goes for the loan