Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

So if I don't shampoo everyday, What do I do with my Hair?

This sounds kinda silly and I know girls sometimes wear shower caps but I'm wondering whether a person can get their hair wet during a shower. Are you suppose to avoid water hitting the hair. Will getting the hair wet without shampoo-ing lead to fungus. Or are you suppose to rinse everyday even when you don't shampoo.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just use conditioner to wash it.

It washes its not just as harsh as shampoo.

• 1 decade ago

Growing of fungus in hair is highly unlikely but it is possible, Shampoo is used for the scalp, every 24days or so.. our head shed of dead skin cell (keratin) in our scalp, producing what we call Dandruff. Which can be very very itchy. As a treatment we use shampoo. On the other hand if you have problems with your hair (the one that is attached to the scalp) you should use conditioner, since conditioner moisten your hair and makes it look like you've just showered all the time, well depending on the brand you use that is.

Conclusion: If we don't shampoo everyday, we use conditioner and that would explain the hair net, since when we use conditioner we tend not to wet our hair until 30 min. is up so we can maximize it's effect. and of course there are times we are really on the go, you know, being very busy. But rinsing everyday is a must provided that you don't shampoo everyday.

• Katiee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You are supposed to wash your hair everyday, unless you want your hair to look wet all day long, and smell gross.

No getting the hair wet without shampoo, will not cause fungus.. because you can get into the pool without shampoo and there is no fungus after wards.

• 1 decade ago

i am a woman and i only wash my hair every third day, due to it being very dry. i do wear a shower cap. but i don't understand where you got the idea that you can get a fungus simply by wetting your hair. if you don't want to shampoo everyday, don't. if you want to get your hair wet everyday without shampooing, that's fine. if you don't want to get it wet, either take a bath or wear a shower cap. i'm saying it doesn't matter. i guarantee you that you will remain fungus free either way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just shake the dust off and pick the bugs out.

If you are and active guy, meaning you work up a sweat everyday, you should wash your hair every day. That is of course unless you want to smell of old sweat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just wear a shower cap

if you're not going to shampoo it, do not get it wet

• 1 decade ago

Bless your heart. LIfe is full of disappointments.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

rinse it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.