Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Topics for a College Essay!?

Hey! Well for school I'm supposed to write my first draft of my college essay and I'm not sure what to write about without sounding obnoxious. i have a few ideas though...

1. possibly writing about my volunteer work at the NY botanical garden

2. family trip to bosnia

3. helping my brother when he fell and cracked his head

4. family influences

5. growing up from two different cultures...

......yeah any other suggestions or ideas? All the help is much appreciated :)

Update:

technically my parents are both bosnian but i was raised bosnian and american :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Growing up from two different cultures really interested me, and I think that could make a fantastic essay. I think it's something a college admissions board would really like as well.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I could say TMI. It's well to exhibit progress, however they is also crossing the obstacles. What triggered this break free from the "well lady?" Oftentimes your essays are your possibility to stand proud of different candidates and you do not wish to face out in a well approach. That does not imply you ought to seem excellent, however it is an possibility you do not wish to waste. What is it approximately you that a few cannot see for your transcript or your record of extracurriculars? So you had been Yearbook editor (simply an instance I do not know if that is precise or no longer), each and every university has a Yearbook editor. What change did you are making in that function? What's a problematic predicament you might have confronted and triumph over - methods to you reply to setbacks? Just believe approximately it a few extra.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe about whats happening around the world?

• hello
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

5! Seriously colleges loveeeee this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.