Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

XXsafiaXX asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Am i drinking to much green tea a day and is it dangerous?

Hi im 17 and ive been drinking green tea for a week now and i have noticed a total change in my self e.g higher energy levels feeling less hungry and im sure ive lost a little weight (does it help lose weight?!)

i drink around two small china cups of it in the morning (one tea bag in each cup so i drink two cups)

and two before bed.

is this too much? the glasses arnt to big there the china cups like little posh ones.

can it be dangerous?

please help xoxo

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yesss green tea DOES in fact help lose weight:)

congrats thats a healthy alternative to coffee and other caffeine! and no ur not drinking too much, its NOT dangerous, its very good for u

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Green has been and keeps to be studied for a type of wellbeing outcome from modifying fats loss to advertising a healthful center or even stopping melanoma. There are many compounds in inexperienced tea however the fundamental one believed to be in charge for among the wellbeing results is referred to as epigallocatechin-three-gallate or its extra usual identify EGCG. If you drink inexperienced tea, there generally is a pleasant deal of variability within the content material of EGCG relying on how the tea leaves have been processed previous to drying, the geographic situation and developing stipulations, the tea form (decaffeinated, on the spot, and so forth.), and guidance approach (quantity used, brew time, temperature). Fortunately there are merchandise you'll be able to take that include the bioactive EGCG. One product is Thermo GTX from ProSource, which includes the equal dose of EGCG proven in medical trials to increase fats loss and advertise wellbeing. However, whatever overdone is in no way well for you. So drink it moderately.

• 1 decade ago

Green Tea contains quite a bit of caffeine, so side effects of too much caffeine is what you should watch out for. Everyone is different, so a certain dose, like your 4 cups daily, affects everyone differently. You just have to judge the amount you can handle yourself. If you get jittery, anxious, headaches, or insomnia, then these could mean you're consuming too much.

• 1 decade ago

honeyi be drinking green tea for over 5yr i make it by the gal it all i drink u are ok your safe i 49 and feel good

• 1 decade ago

green tea helps..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.