Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lissy
Lissy asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

Why are there no Republican Podcasts?

I LOVE political podcasts, and I listen to whatever I can get my hands on.

Unfortunately, none of the top Republican talk show hosts have full lenth (35 min. or more) podcasts available for free, so I really don't listen to them as I hate commercials on the AM stations.

I listen to Rachel Maddow (full 40-45 minutes)

Blast the Right (30 min. or so, whenever it's available)

and Free Talk Live (Anarcho-Libertarians, LOVE this show, don't always agree, but it's always an interesting 2 hours.)

I find that my politics have shifted a bit more into the Libertarian Zone since I've been listening to podcasts.

I'm still more of a Republican than a Democrat, but.. Thanks to free podcasts, I believe now that in order to be free myself, I must let others, (no matter how much I might disagree with their personal lives) live the way that they want to.

My basic point...

I'm NOT a fiscal liberal, I never will be. But podcasting has opened my eyes to social Liberalism.

I still enjoy all points of view, and I wish that I could listen to Republican talk shows on podcast for free and support if I wish ( I do support FTL on a voluntary monthly basis ONLY because I like the show, I get all of the content either way)

Aren't there any talented little guys that have a good show that don't charge 5-10 dollars a month? Or should I just keep listening to my Democratic and Libertarian talk shows only?

Favorite Answer

You will never ever ever get any fro free from a Republican.