Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have a computer problem.I have a page that is white without exit buttons or tool bars.how do you get it off?

I had ask my husband to move another computer in the garage.As he was he pushed a box without looking what he was doing,not once but twice. Bumped the cord and it unplugged the computer while it was still running.Now I have a page up,it is white and it is on top of my desktop page.you can see parcel of the bar on the bottom but no top part to close the page off tools bars etc.Does anyone know what is going on,and how to get it off.I am still trying to learn myself and it isn't to easy to figure this out yet.

Thank you sooo much!

didn't understand it myself..Thanks so much for the help.

Favorite Answer

Bring focus to the page by clicking on it. Then press Alt + F4 to close any open program. NOT Ctrl + F4.

Ctrl + F$: Close the active document (in programs that allow you to have multiple documents open simultaneously)

Might help:

Keyboard shortcuts - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Keyboa...

I'm surprised the computer booted into Windows without a warning of improper shutdown.

Ron

• ?

Assuming you have Windows and not a Mac, do this:

1. Click in the window.

2. Press CTRL/F4.

That should close it.