Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Good, long, amazing books.?

I'm beginning to be a huge book worm. I just finished the 'Kissed by an angel' trilogy in a week and I need some Longer books that have adventure, excitement, and some romance. Just something I can immerse my self in and really get into. Please, not the twilight books or anything like that. Something a little more mature. Thanks.

I just got the pillars of the earth book I was thinking about starting it soon!..and yeah I thought about giving up on the trilogy but im so close to the end I thought I might as well finish it.

Favorite Answer

>The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. AMAZING. They are so INTENSE I finished the first book in a day, and had to get my hands on the 2nd! the 3rd and last was just released, so gotta get that one!

>The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. Really Good :) and it's got fantasy, romance and it's set in the 1800's or something, but REALLY good!

>The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Meggie Steifvater. I've only read Shiver, but these books are sooo good. ah-mah-zingg!

>The Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong. Fantastic plot, and really good :)

>The Dream Catcher Trilogy by Lisa McMann. These books, aren't too long though, because i read each of the books in a day, but still REALLY GOOD and different plot from other books!

>Maximum Ride by James Patterson. OMG. You HAVE TO read these books! like this is the perfect series, it's got everything that u've wanted above!

>The Mediator, 1-800-Where-R-U and the Heather Wells Mysteries by Meg Cabot. These do have a fair share of "action" and are really good romance books :)

here's a really good site which gives recommendations based on what books/authors u like to read!

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

and my book blog also has some recommendations!

http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Source(s): ME
  • lala.

I promise, no Twilight. And no vampires. *rolls eyes*

The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I gotta dish that one out. Obviously S.Meyer learned a few things after writing Twilight. I loved it. It's a romance, with a lot of action in it. It's very long, but such a page turner that i got through it in a couple of days. It's being turned into a movie :p

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. These books are really getting big fast. The third installement just came out. You've probably heard about it on here. Mockingjay? These are edgy, with tons of excitement and adventure, but they're also romantic too. A love triangle develops between the main characters. These books were endorsed by S.Meyer, and they're being turned into movies too. I think it comes out in 2011.

Perfect Chemistry trilogy and Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles. They're greatttt romance books. Easy, quick reads. I loved them. The third book in the PC series hasn't come out yet. And the Leaving Paradise sequel comes out this fall.

I've heard Shiver and Linger are good, but i haven't read those yet.

Have fun ;)

I just finished Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen. An amazing book. Be a shame to only read trilogies. A long book is The Stand, by Stephen King. happy reading.

The Lord of the Rings by: J.R. Tolkien

The Mortal Instruments by: Cassandra Clare

Dark Visions by: L.J. Smith

Pillars of the Earth.

okay so there is pillars of the earth by ken follet and the sequel world without end, they both are like 2,000 pages long!! no exageration!!! they are amazing books!! a must read!!! hope it helps!!

You should try reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. There are twenty something of them and they are great. They have mystery, romance, and are very funny! The first one is called One for the Money.

You can download The Long Way Home from Smashwords (if you don't have an ereader, you can download it to your computer). It's 108,000 words. Is that long enough for you? Lots of action , no vampires =)

• Annie

The Knife of Never Letting Go. Got all three things you mentioned and is good for teenage and higher. I loved it personally :)

• ?

I couldn't finish "Kissed by an Angel". I got too aggravated when she was unjustified, when Gregory tried to kill her.