Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 decade ago

Will US avg unemployment hit 15% or above by this time in 2011?

Favorite Answer

Nope unemployment has topped out.

In my opinion the numbers are way off because they are based on those who are collecting unemployement; it does not consider all those people who ran out of unemployement money and was still unemployed and dropped from the system. I'd have to say yes to the "reported" number and 35% for a non-reported number.

I'm thinking 17%, bernanke caused all this by hiking interest rates just as the loan packages(which were the result of government interference in the housing market) were being created making them toxic( when they weren't originally) and then of course had to bring them down to zero - genius, and chinese imports are bleeding us dry and stealing american jobs - free market? I don't think so

• SDD

Not likely. Employment is not growing, but it's not falling either.

Yes! It will! And it is all Obama's fault!

Source(s): Pulling it out of my ass.