Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 decade ago

Will US avg unemployment hit 15% or above by this time in 2011?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope unemployment has topped out.

• 1 decade ago

In my opinion the numbers are way off because they are based on those who are collecting unemployement; it does not consider all those people who ran out of unemployement money and was still unemployed and dropped from the system. I'd have to say yes to the "reported" number and 35% for a non-reported number.

• 1 decade ago

I'm thinking 17%, bernanke caused all this by hiking interest rates just as the loan packages(which were the result of government interference in the housing market) were being created making them toxic( when they weren't originally) and then of course had to bring them down to zero - genius, and chinese imports are bleeding us dry and stealing american jobs - free market? I don't think so

• SDD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not likely. Employment is not growing, but it's not falling either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes! It will! And it is all Obama's fault!

Source(s): Pulling it out of my ass.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.