Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

Name your favorite quotes?

Any genre, funny, depressing, life, friendship, love, etc. etc. Name as many as you want, the more the merrier. I'm making a collage of quotes, so I'm looking for some really good ones.

Favorite Answer

I think you asked the best question..i have a ton of quotes....sorry but i don't know who said most of them:

"The doors we haven't opened are the keys to living life."

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while were here we should dance."

"If you think sunshine bring you happiness, you have never danced in the rain."

"Hold on to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain

"A conference is a group of people who alone can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done." -Fred Allen

"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

"Opportunity is often missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time.

You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.

Life is not at the mercy of matter.

The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose

Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn't show up on X-rays, but you know it's there.

What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

Mine are from movies ... "i think in music the way that some human beings believe in fairy thoughts ..." ~ August Rush This one because of the fact the potential of music is so stable; i will get with the aid of my absolute worst day(s) as long as I even have music there to furnish me encouragement and distraction. "The soul takes flight to the international it incredibly is invisible, and there arriving, she is assured of bliss and perpetually dwells in Paradise." ~woman Jane I even have enjoyed this quote ever on the grounds that I first heard it interior the action picture; that's suited for the action picture (in case you have by no potential considered it, discover it ... that's stunning ... stars a very youthful Helena Bonham Carter and Cary Elwes).