Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Better chance of making HOF- Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter?

Stats:

Jones: 406 home runs, 1826 hits, .256 BA, 1214 RBI, 10 time Gold Glover. In 15 seasons and is 33.

Hunter: 253 home runs, 1633 hits, .275 BA, 949 RBI, 9 time Gold Glover. In 14 seasons and is 34.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would say Jones. His batting average is a little low, but he is better than Hunter in every other category. I think he still has a few years left and that he can raise his career BA.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Torii Hunter is a some distance greater beneficial participant than Andruw Jones, and it is coming from a Dodger fan. In 8 video games Jones as basically hit a million RBI and is batting a measly .103, on an analogous time as Torii is batting .306 with 4 abode runs, 8 RBIs, and a million stolen base; shall we see Andruw scouse borrow a base. I dont be conscious of why the Dodgers picked him up. Slugger? the place?

• 1 decade ago

Torii Hunter has practically no shot of getting into the Hall of Fame, unless he breaks a Gold Glove record (but even then, probably not).

Andruw Jones has a much better chance, but the way his career imploded makes it very slim. If he were to come back with some good seasons, then he could.

"500 home runs is no longer an automatic induction."

Um... name ONE player with 500 homers who is not in the Hall of Fame who has not been linked to steroids? In fact, name one player with '400' homers not in the Hall of Fame who has not been linked to steroids and/or had more strikeouts than hits. You get two names- Fred McGriff (who received about 25% on his first and only ballot so far; I'm sure he'll get in at some point, and will likely have over 50% in 2012) and Darrell Evans, who has 414 homers and is severally under-rated.

Of course, if by 'automatic', you mean '1st-ballot,' quite a few 500-homer-hitters of the past didn't get in on the 1st ballot. Like Harmon Killebrew.

Source(s): Um... Re-reading this, I feel like I may have come across angry or sarcastic, which I TOTALLY did not mean to do. Sorry.
  • 1 decade ago

Neither has ANY chance of getting in... Jones had one or two great seasons, not a great career; Hunter is known mostly for defense and has never been a great hitter. Being the best player on your team for a few years is not enough to get into the HOF.

• 1 decade ago

I'd say both are strong candidates for the Hall of Very Good.

Jones has an outside shot at 500 homers, but that's no longer an automatic ticket to enshrinement at Cooperstown. He has to remain healthy and productive for a solid 6-7 seasons, and given his recent history, that's a tall order.

Hunter I don't see at all.

• 1 decade ago

Quite honestly, neither one is HOF material.

• 1 decade ago

I say both will make it, but i think Jones will get in sooner

• 1 decade ago

Neither one is going to make it...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.