Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does HS soccer matter at all?!?

I'm a sophomore this year in high school and I play for one of the top teams in the my state. We travel to the top tournaments (like WAGS, Jeff Cup, CASL, etc). This year I opted not to play high school soccer because it was extremely political and my coaches disrespected me. I am in all honors classes in school and decided to focus on doing more clubs and volunteer work this year and the next years of high school since I wouldn't be playing for the soccer team. I was wondering, will college coaches frown upon the fact that I'm not playing high school soccer? Everyone always says that high school soccer is irrelevant.. but I'm worried that it's not & a college coach won't want me on his team because I elected not to play for my high school.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on your club/academy soccer. If your home team does a lot of big tournaments the scouts for colleges won't care about high school. but if your home team doesn't do tournaments then you wont get scouts looking at you and you wont get chosen. and playing high school soccer will get you more scouts looking at you but your home club is a safer bet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.