How do you become a spy?

ive been watching a few movies a bout spies lately ( most of them including tom cruise :P) and i was wondering how did they become spies in the first place cuz they never really say (if they did, i probably zoned out).Like how did they get recruited and out in the field? Did they have to go to college, did they have to kill someone?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Rose D
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They go to school, study, usually go to grade school, then go to work for the government. It isn't as exciting as on TV and in the movies. If you're in the US, there's info at the following:

https://www.cia.gov/careers/index.html

http://www.nsa.gov/careers/index.shtml

• Login to reply the answers
  • BruceN
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Movies confuse spies with their handlers. Case officers usually apply and are hired, but spies are recruited by the case officers. Some are in the military or politics. Many are at the top of their class in the best schools in their countries. If you were looking for smart people to hire, where would you look?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

There aren't really spies like in the movies to much: but similar categories are things like Private Investigators, Special Operations teams, and CIA type work. I'm not sure how to be hired, but I don't think you are recruited (unless you have past experience, and are viewed as a valuable asset).

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in case you're an American, forget it, you will in no way be employed as a undercover agent by potential of your man or woman government. they're very strict approximately that; they hate having to change captured spies with different worldwide places, so as that they circumvent making use of US voters in undercover roles overseas. the closest you will get to being a undercover agent interior the CIA is to be a case officer. those are the boys who pass distant places to recruit and carry mutually intel from the spies. interior the FBI, you may't be a undercover agent in any respect. interior the protection stress, you're a sniper, which will carry you on the factor of enemy territory to gather intelligence. yet no longer a undercover agent. in an attempt to be a undercover agent, terrific is to paintings for a distant places government. it incredibly is quite risky even with the undeniable fact that. in case you undercover agent on the U. S. for the Mossad or something, they're going to throw you in reformatory in the event that they capture you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Hard to say but they probably work for military intelligence or the CIA.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

If you became a spy it would mean that you are violating the espionage laws of this country. I'd suggest that you see a new profession unless you want to spend your life in prison.;

• Murphy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Go hide in some bushes.

• 10 years ago

They have to be rats, with no dignity left. Easy.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

most people steal info and sell it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.