Long...I lost a friend and I miss her?

We were roomates and best friends all thru college and then afterwars. Let me start by saying that we were both wrong. I would call her when I was at the beach and needed a place to stay and she'd always (except for once) have some excuse as to why I couldn't stay. This went on for two years and it hurt me. Especially when my live-in-boyfriend of two years left me for one of his students two days before our lease was up. I was still in school and had NO income and he was a teacher so I was on my ***. I ended up living in my car and then a hotel after I got a job until I got back on my feet. Family was not a option b/c they are drunks.

Later, I gave her a key to my house so that she could see her man who lived in my town AND I did this also b/c she told me that she was thinking about moving into my neighborhood and I was stoked. After awhile though, I felt like she used me for a place to stay b/c she would just come into town without telling me, leave her stuff at my house and go. Sometimes I wouldn't even see her for a whole weekend but she'd be in and out of my house when I wasn't there. It was odd. Right before she went to AZ for her PhD graduation from U of Phoenix, she left her wallet and me at the bar b/c she and her guy got into a fight. I didn't drive with her but didn't know she'd left until the waiter asked me where she went. I paid her tab, got her wallet and received an email a week later from her in AZ telling me she missed me and asked me to mail her wallet to her hotel.

Well, I mailed it alright! I also wrote out a check for $50.00 to myself to cover the bill I'd picked up at the bar and to cover the price of shipping her wallet to her. That ended up in a HUGE fight b/c I'd forged a check. That was wrong of me, I know.

Then we tried again. I'd gotten married and had a child and we reconsiled. I introduced her to friends of my husbands b/c she's in her 30's and somehow she scared them all away by getting drunk and talking marriage the first date. Leave it to her. Later, she'd call me at 3 and 4am in the morning, drunk and on cocaine when we had work the next day. I finally emailed her and told her to stay out of my life b/c I just can't be friends with someone like that.

Sadly, it's been about 3 years and it seems that she's gotten her act together and is getting married and all of our old sorority sisters still hang out with her when they come into town and the truth is that I miss her. She was my best friend for 8 years. I've reached out to her but she refuses to talk to me and even blocked me on facebook.

So, is it a let go sort of thing? I can't believe I'm this old and missing a friend but it happens I guess.

Favorite Answer

When things like that happen, it's best for you and her to continue on with your lives apart from each other. You should really let it go, because if she had really gotten her act together, she would have thought about how much she hurt you and how much she impacted your life with her behavior. If anyone should be trying to reconnect, it should be her calling you and asking you how you're doing.

• Nancy

First off I am trying to figure out where she was ever a friend to you. The only thing I can think of is that you must be really lonely to want her in your life again. I truly don't mean to offend you-from the letter you wrote she does not seem worth your friendship. I would move on and let the past be the past.

you are lucky that she drop you that you don't have to drop her it is better not to have a friend who use cocaine if you prefer to have her as a friend people will thought you are also drug Addict and with out moral people will prefer to stay away from you