Can you please describe a successful Christian?

That's the question...

Thanks...

• Esther
    Favorite Answer

One who relies wholly on God, and does not trust in their flesh. Someone fully surrended to God.

I don't qualify, I am still struggling with being wilful/stubborn.

Serving the Lord is a successful Christian. Some may say that Joel Osteen is a successful Christian, but I do not know if he is a Christian. If he is then he is not a successful Christian. I use Joel Osteen because some may think he is a successful Christian. Anyway, a succussful Christian can be very rich, or very poor, very educated or very uneducated.

I am not trying to be a successful Christian but a loving and forgiving one. One who answers the call that God has put on my life and I endeavor each day to do what He called me to do.

Christians sin but do not practice sin. If you are looking for success then you are doing works only and walking with Christ is about compassion, mercy and doing all you can do for God. But not to be a success.

I find that when I fail God is always there to pick me up and I repent and He forgives me because He loves me. He loves me when I fail and when I am on top of the world.

I would not have it any other way. I am saved and I am not perfect.

We need to pray every day but we do not. Still He loves us.

God is good and all I want is to hear Him say good job daughter lets set more of the captives free.

I know I can do it with the help of my Savior Jesus Christ.

Source(s): Camille I walked with God for many years and did not really know Him till I lost my job and had no food to eat. Then God showed me who He was. My supplier, my friend, my Father, my creator, my comforter, my guide. And so much more. He IS and that is all that matters to me.

Successful in what perspective?

In the book of revelation when writing to the churches Jesus only commends the overcomers.

I want to be an overcomer in this world. Overcome my flesh,satan and the world. I know that is the only thing Jesus count valuable in me for eternity. Success is a worldly term.

All i know is it doesn't seem to in any way resemble what we think of as success.

Jesus was successful by hanging on a cross.

John the Baptist was successful by being beheaded.

Stephen was successfully stoned to death.

All of the apostles were killed for their faith except for John he was exiled.

Its not about your bank account.

A Christians success must be defined from Gods point of view.

God considers us successful when we believe in Jesus. At that point in time he credits the life of Jesus to our account and we are perfect blameless and holy in his sight.

Success for a Christian is trusting in Christ for salvation.

Everything else is icing on the cake.

I don't think anyone can be a "successful Christian". I only wish to live the kind of life that Christ has taught us to the best of my ability.

• Ernie

Ok. To be healthy, prosperous ( and that is more than just being rich ), being able to enjoy relationships with family and friends, and above all, having, a deep relationship with God; which is the main thing, and the basis for all the others I mentioned. Now to name a few: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Noah, Enoch ( my favorite ), Paul, Peter, etc. I like Enoch the most, because he was alive before Jesus came, lived 365 years, and God took him alive because of his deep relationship he had with God.

There's not really a successful Christian.

I mean we're not perfect. Everyone sins.

But a "successful" Christian could be having faith in God, giving up his life for God, following His commandments etc.

:3

• nathan

A successful Christian is one, when they get to heaven hears "Well done good and faithful servant, come enter your rest."

Every Christian who relies on the Lord Jesus Christ is already successful. Our Lord is our success!

An interesting question ...

I think a successful Christian is one who relies on Jesus Christ, who seeks to do his will and resists the temptation to sin, someone who gives themselves to serving others as much as they can, someone who is faithful and loving and puts others first.