Tiger
Tiger asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Do you sometimes regret deeply?

expressing your thoughts while you're emotional ? Do the words you have spoken repeat in your ears causing you to regret ever speaking of them ?

Favorite Answer

Oh yes, I too am guilty of that, as I think most people are, meaning ' expressing yourself when your emotional', and often there after you realise that your vulnerability made you say something you should not have. So of course you end up with regrets. Time and time again I will advise others to think before they speak, never allow situations to get to a higher state but speak out before that happens - and do I listen to my own advice ? NO, and yes I regret even that.

Logically the thing we should all try to learn to do is :-

Don't let things build up till they turn into an argument, say your feelings before then.

If something does blow up in your face suddenly, then tell the other person you will talk to them tomorrow when you have both calmed down.

But of course things don't always work out like that - say at work for example a boss or someone else may need a response there and then. So just take deep breaths and try and think out your answer.

But talking about regrets - I say that if we have hurt someone with our words say in an emotional set to with them, and after we are truly sorry we said it, then I say lets all learn to make amends. Go around to them and try and make things up. Point out to them that we are all human and have all made the mistake of talking out in anger or in an emotionally state.

If they don't accept the apology, then at least we have the comfort that we were big enough to try and make amends. Even the most calm person can become volatile sometimes, and as humans we should all learn to forgive, and bring peace back into all our lives.

• ?

Yes I wanted to make love to someone but didn't and then about 15 years later I found out she died. I regret to this passing up several chances at making love to her. Now I never will in this lift time!

Anger is a very healthy emotion ,as healthy as love and yet it seems to have been maligned so much in this PC society, we repress this emotion so much that its now frowned upon and then you see it come out in mad road rage or worse murder and violence, I tell my child its fine to be cross and if you say something you regret be mindful or that and apologise for it.

I do sometimes reminisce and wish I hadn't done those things however had I not done those things it's likely that I would've done those things anyway. In other words, we need to do those regretful actions so we learn from our mistakes and never commit them again. So as much as I tell myself 'I wish I hadn't done that', I'm glad I did do that because then I laugh at the person who did do those things and tell them 'I'm so much better than you'.

No, I wouldn't express my thoughts if I were to get emotional, I don't get emotional.Emotions are meant to be controlled. If you cannot control your emotions then you are "emotionally immature" and you should seek professional help. I think that people who can't control themselves and get emotional are weird and annoying. I don't do it to people and I would like the same respect. People who get emotional like that are "Cry Babies"

The only thing I regret is what other people should be regretting...

Yes and as a very close friend once said to me "Never make any decisions while you are happy nor and promises while you are sad"

OMG.. yes and sometimes when i am upset i end up saying crap that hurts their people and i don't see it then,until when i cool down and realize that i hurt their feelings

" If you speak when you are angry, you will give the best Speech you will ever regret."

Source(s): A puzzle answer in a newspaper

No because I mean what I say and say what I mean.