Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

dude asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why am not getting buffer like everyone else?

For some strange reason, i'm STILL skinny, and i have absolutely no idea why my muscles aren't aren't as big as everyone else's. For example my friends have bigger muscles than i do, but i am way stronger than them. I bench press max around 180 pounds, and they bench press max around 140 pounds. I power-clean max around 155 pounds, they power- clean max around 125 pounds. I squat 265 pounds max, they squat 200-if that. I left more weights than them, but yet they weigh more, and have way more muscle definition, and thickness. I am only 5'5 130 pounds, and they are about 5'8 160-165. Why am i not as buff as them, and why am i not gaining weight more quickly???? Is it because of my diet? I eat breakfast 3 days out of the week, I eat pizza for lunch pretty much every weekday. I eat chicken sometimes, but mostly i snack a whole lot. I drink a lot of water also. I am a sophmore in high school, and i play football, run track, and play baseball. I also sprint a lot to stay fast. What can i change in my diet, or in my activities to make me gain more weight, and muscle also. And also why am i not gaining like others, but i am stronger, and more athletic???? Please help, im totally confused!?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Genetics I'm afraid.

To balance things out, you could try implementing better consistency in diet. You seem to be burning loads of calories per day doing other activities such as track, baseball etc.Try an aim for 3000-3500 calories a day with about 200g protein split into 4 to 5 meals. Do this EVERYDAY for 6 months and I guarantee you will have gotten bigger.

Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.