Books like Kite Runner?

I read Kite Runner finally! And I am currently reading Thousand Splendid Suns. I also read Handmaid's tale, Nefertiti, Heretic Queen and Cleopatra's daughter. So now you get the gist of what type of stories I'm looking for, something with twist and turns with turmoil following someone's life. Any suggestions?

• Norah
    Favorite Answer

The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood

The Sirens of Baghdad - Yasmina Khadra

Three Cups of Tea - Greg Mortenson

Life of Pi - Yann Martel

A Room with a View - E.M. Forster

Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe

Beloved - Toni Morrison

Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston

The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck

The Kitchen God's Wife - Amy Tan

The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See

The Soloist - Steve Lopez

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

The Bookseller of Kabul - Asne Seierstad

The Inheritance of Loss - Kiran Desai

Hope and other Dangerous Pursuits - Laila Lalami

Keep in mind some are more accessible or similar to your liking than others. I love Khaled Hosseini and Margaret Atwood, as well and having read all but a few of the books I am suggesting, I think you'll probably enjoy most of them...happy reading!

If you are into classics, Oedipus Rex

Zadie Smith On Beauty

Arundhati Roy The God Of Small Things

Ben Okri's Dangerous Love

• buchy

My e book club examine it and extra people thought that Oprah had made it a ultimate broker. i presumed the daddy grew to become right into a blended up guy. he's extra useful to his son from a woman who grew to become into of a decrease type than he grew to become into to his son of his incredibly spouse. That widely used son is taken away to protection whilst the war starts off, however the different son is left with none guy to guard him. the super section grew to become into whilst the illegitimate new child is raped via a team that grew to become into in basic terms interior the streets, and the different son runs fairly than to attempt to keep his brother, besides the reality that he would not understand that they have the comparable father. it is whilst Hollywood did no longer understand which new child could come out on applicable. however the boys meet lower back after the war. there is plenty interior the e book, so do no longer in basic terms see the movie. the boys in no way communicate relating to the worry.