? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I have no desire to do things....?

Time flies by soo quick during the day even though I haven't done much. It's hard for me to get up and do things even if I like doing it. I just have no desire for it anymore. It's affecting my school grades because I just can't find the desire to do the work. I'm not lazy, and I'm a very happy person as it is. I'm only 16 as well. Lately I've been sleeping A LOT too. Any ideas what's wrong with me? Or how to get my desire back?

Favorite Answer

I had the same problem throughout high school. I went to the doctors where they recommended me a therapist and it turns out I have depression as well as severe anxiety. My family always thought I was always just being lazy and withdrawn (so did i) but sometimes there's was a deeper problem behind the issue. You may have depression without even knowing it or without even feeling sad.

See a therapist and find out why you're like this and see if you can take some medication for it, it helped me a lot.

Probably u thinkin or Hurting but only u can help yourself but try to have a friend help u

Source(s): probably something is botherin u but u can only change it but get a friend to help u

You are lazy in denial, I used to be very lazy. It has no cure and only you can change it.

well, teenagers do need a lot of sleep... you could get your thyroid level checked... but maybe you're just uninspired. maybe find a new hobby or learn a new skill.