Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I have no desire to do things....?

Time flies by soo quick during the day even though I haven't done much. It's hard for me to get up and do things even if I like doing it. I just have no desire for it anymore. It's affecting my school grades because I just can't find the desire to do the work. I'm not lazy, and I'm a very happy person as it is. I'm only 16 as well. Lately I've been sleeping A LOT too. Any ideas what's wrong with me? Or how to get my desire back?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I had the same problem throughout high school. I went to the doctors where they recommended me a therapist and it turns out I have depression as well as severe anxiety. My family always thought I was always just being lazy and withdrawn (so did i) but sometimes there's was a deeper problem behind the issue. You may have depression without even knowing it or without even feeling sad.

See a therapist and find out why you're like this and see if you can take some medication for it, it helped me a lot.

• 1 decade ago

Probably u thinkin or Hurting but only u can help yourself but try to have a friend help u

Source(s): probably something is botherin u but u can only change it but get a friend to help u
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are lazy in denial, I used to be very lazy. It has no cure and only you can change it.

• 1 decade ago

well, teenagers do need a lot of sleep... you could get your thyroid level checked... but maybe you're just uninspired. maybe find a new hobby or learn a new skill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.