My dad received a $1000 check from FIA Card Services from Wilmington, Delaware. What is this?

The only thing that is on the letter is the enclosed check and the following statement: Please accept the enclosed payment towards your customer's account number below. Please direct any correspondence payment to the above address. So my dad doesn't know who's FIA Card services and why are they... show more The only thing that is on the letter is the enclosed check and the following statement:
Please accept the enclosed payment towards your customer's account number below. Please direct any correspondence payment to the above address.

So my dad doesn't know who's FIA Card services and why are they sending him a $1000 check for nothing. Is it a scam or something, or what is this? Should he accept it or not?

Thanks.
Update: I'm sure that my dad has nothing to do with Charles Schwab. So should he accept that check or not? Why did they send him a check for nothing?
Update 2: ok, that has nothing to do with an overpayment, that's for sure.
Update 3: It doesn't say anything else on that paper.