Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is there a way to transfer sims families from one computer to another?

I had all my sims families on my family desktop computer. Then I got a laptop and when I installed the sims 2 it hadn't transfered my sim families. Is there any way to transfer them?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your Sims are saved to a folder in my documents, just go to the old computer and copy the EA Sims folder to a removable disk (USB or something) and copy that folder into your laptop's Documents folder.

Source(s): I am a Sims fan :P
  • buchy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in case you have a mac, you in basic terms click on the hardpersistent on your very own pc and then in archives, could be your "digital Arts" folder, in basic terms replica the full folder onto a flashpersistent yet once you in basic terms prefer your saves, open the folder, click "Sims 3" and saves is there (below alphabetical order). in case you have a pc, pass to "C:archives and Settings*USERNAME*My DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3Saves." it is incredibly the comparable because of the fact the "C:" is your hardpersistent on a pc. when I discovered the "digital Arts" folder I moved it to the hardpersistent icon so it grew to become into good there and that i did no longer could pass seem for it. in case you may no longer locate it via the two technique, you may constantly do a seek on your pc and put in "digital Arts" and it might come good up! =] i desire that facilitates/-ed 'reason it is the 1st time i've got ever spoke back a question. =]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.