Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

vigilant82 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

7 week Puppy keeps whining to go outside?

i let him out to pee and poop ,he still pees in the house here and there.

it seems like he pees every 10-20 mins.

I have had him for 2 days,his previous owner kept him outside.

Any suggestions??

Update:

no urinary infection went to the vet today he has tape and round worms as well as giargia and coccidia. i have got him meds and hopefully he will feel much better for that.

just trying to get feedback on this issue.ty all

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a puppy,, Be great full it knows what to do when it is outside,,

As it gets older, it'll stop needing to go out as frequently,, til then,, You'll need to keep taking it out frequently ...

You need to keep an eye on it to keep it from going in the house,,, when you see it assuming the position, take it out ...

• Kendo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You've only had him 2 day, so it's still very early days.

Keep taking him outside every 30 mins, and when he pees&poops outside, give him lots of praise to let him know he did good.

Don't get upset or irritated if he has the occasional accident, it's all part of having a puppy.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe since his previous owner had him outside, he feels that is normal....keep an eye on him, I know puppies "go" often, but if he is going really frequently, and if he whines alot like he is uncomfortable he may have a urinary tract infection, the vet will give anitbiotics for that...telling you this just in case, so you may be aware of that possibility....

• 1 decade ago

If the previous owner kept him outside...then that is what he is accustomed to. He is used to being outside and peeing and pooping where he pleases. The best thing to do is to slowly transition from outside dog to inside dog. Dont just automatically put him in this house because he wont get it..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

For a pup that young it sounds normal that he should go that much. He probably thinks that the rest of the litter is still out there and wants to be with them. He will get over it, patience is the key. The best thing to do for him-walkies, lots and lots of walkies!

• 1 decade ago

take it outside to go to the bathroom. when it does praise with a toy or small portions of treats. Slowly make the transition from outside dog to inside.

Source(s): proud puppy owner
  • 1 decade ago

It's a puppy. It's what they do. Have some patience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.