What would you do if your babysitter spanked your kids?

Just pure curiosity.

Favorite Answer

i would let her only if i told her that she could spank my kids but if i did not tell her that she could spank my kids then i would spank her to see how she liked it!!!

I have already talked to the babysitter about what discipline she is allowed to use. (time outs, stern talking, and loss of privileges)

If she gave my daughter a small spanking, I would refuse to pay for that week's services and find a new sitter. I am fortunate to have a few options that could get me by while I look.

If it was a hard spanking I would inform the police or CPS.

It would be really sad if that happened. One of my daughter's best friends is the babysitter's kid. I am sure something like that would lead to a fight and end the friendship.

I would not be happy about that. If the kids were misbehaving, the babysitter is NOT the person to physically punish them. She can discipline, but not spanking of hurting Physically.

• ?

I don't think she would because just recently she told us of something that our son did and my husband asked her if she spanked his butt. She said no, he told our son that he thought she should have. If she did, as long as it was an offense that deserved a spanking, I wouldn't do anything. If it didn't deserve spanking, we would have a serious talk about appropriate discipline.

I would fire him/her and put the fear of God into him/her about how assualt and battery is illegal. In all likelihood, I wouldn't report it to the police, but I'd leave her wondering whether the police would show up on her door step and arrest her. Let a few sleepless nights make an impression on her.

well the babysitter is in charge of your kids. i believe that they should disipine your kids the same way you do because it will keep it consistant.

Sign a complaint against her, and put her butt in jail

I would find another baby sitter. I do not hit my kids and pitty anyone who does.