Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why does people call people who are quiet lame?

I'm 16 years old. I have problems with some people calling me lame. I know it's because I'm quiet and not loud and crazy all the time. I know a whole lot of people though so I don't get it. I even talk to people that other people would consider high class. I'm also in the band at my school and I'm on national honor society. People call me lame just because I'm in band, but other people that are in band but are loud doesn't get called lame though. I plan on becoming a flag girl and I bet they won't call me lame then. Why is like that. People always giving me a hard time over stupid stuff. What do I need to do to become more popular?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The people calling you lame are idiots, you don't want to be popular with them. Just be yourself, when you go to college, you will have plenty of like-minded friends, a better class of people will be there. Remember, living well is the best revenge, you are on your way to a successful and fulfilling life, these people will be a distant memory very soon.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Remember honey some people sit on the couch and yell I'm bored, there's nothing to do

Some go out and create and accomplish. So who is lame.

I know a whole lot of people though so I don't get it. I even talk to people that other people would consider high class.

What do I need to do to become more popular? Why do you want to get popular with jackasses?

Find what makes you happy and forget the rest. They'll do you no good. I did shows with great people here is one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYMCZ-ZUj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6pyJynA78

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.

Kurt Vonnegut

• cloud
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Everyone in high school feels some do not like them. which is true, everyone cannot be your friend.

So find some who want to be your friend and be happy with that. When you get out of school and get a job, you will find some in the work place who don't like you. This is training for when you are grown. While you are growing up your parents, aunts and uncles, grand parents all adore you.

So when you get in high school and find out there are some people you cannot please it is very disturbing.

Finding joy in music is going to help you throughout your life. Be happy about that!

Getting good grades and succeeding is also important. Most cheer leaders and star football players do not succeed after high school. So their popularity is short lived.

You are only in high school for 4 years so make the most of it and get a good job and those people who are snobs to you now will be coming to you asking for a job.

Probably cleaning your house, since they married the football players young and had kids and now he is gone and they have no education to get a job.

That is the real truth.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Be more outgoing and just more out there. It won't be easy but you should give it a try.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tell them "You are a lame @ss beatch! Go be somebody's beatch and screw off"!

That's what I would do, then get on with your business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.