Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which gps garmin nuvi is the best for my dad?

my dad works for a company who delivers plans and documents to various places

( city halls, police stations, office buildings and etc) any place that has documents and blueprints or plans of building

he uses the 200 nuvi garmin - he loves it so far he has it for 1 year and a half now

hes not into all that technology like bluetooth and like that- he wanted the street names speech on his gps

hes driven to los angeles and palm springs and anaheim, i think the farthest he has gone is to lancaster

he drives alot for the company

i wanted to get him one but im stuck on 2 that i have seen at walmart

265w garmin nuvi

and garmin nuvi 1300

i wanted to know which is good to buy

Favorite Answer

Buy the least expensive unit.

A newelectronx primo gps would probably give you the most features. you might want to consider it. I included the link of where i got the feature list from. You can basically look over the features here and the features of any other gps you are considering and make the decision from that. I have been using my newelectronx gps for almost a little over a year now and I have no problem with it. I have also recommend it to my friends and they love it. Actually, my friends have the newer one - which has a faster processor inside of it. Good luck on your purchase.

Screen Size 5 inches

Touchscreen Yes

High-Sensitivity Receiver Yes

Accepts Data Cards Yes

Voice Prompts Yes

Text-to-Speech Yes

3D Map View Yes

Auto-Reroute Yes

Custom Waypoints Yes

Lane Assist Yes

Hands-free calling Bluetooth Yes

Auto Routing Capability Yes

Rear Back Up Camera Yes

Radar Detector Yes

Speaks street names Yes

Traffic Maybe

Traffic Alert & Avoidance Maybe

MP3 Player Yes

Audio Book Player Yes

Higher-Quality Speaker Yes

Travel Conveniences Yes

Navigation Without Signal Yes

Video Games Yes

Voice Address Input Maybe

Larger Screen Size Yes

Expandable Memory Yes

Fast, High Sensitivity GPS receiver Yes

Preloaded detailed Street Maps of North America including 6 million points of interest Yes

Preloaded detailed Street Maps of North America

and Europe Yes

Choice of Traditional “bird’s eye” overhead 2-D or 3-D navigation views Yes

3D Maps Yes

Auto Routing to Multiple Destinations Yes

Advanced navigation features including route planning and a handy locator Yes

Speech recognition (navigate with voice commands) Maybe

Voice Prompts Maybe

Voice Prompts including Spoken Street Names Yes

Hands free calls with compatible Bluetooth phone Yes

Wireless FM transmission of audio to your vehicle’s FM stereo system Yes

Bluetooth wireless audio to receive wireless navigation audio prompts on a compatible headset / helmet Maybe

Simple, intuitive touch screen interface Yes

Custom Point of Interest (POI) download Capability Maybe

Photo Navigation (provides photos that include location information called Geotags. You can load these photos onto your compatible nuvi or memory card and then create routes to them.) Maybe

Electronic Compass Yes

Barometric Altimeter Yes

read over this website for the complete details, i was too lazy to copy it all. haha

http://www.newelectronx.com/join-email-list.php?le...

learn how to buy a gps here:

http://www.newelectronx.com/help.php?faq_id=246

I would suggest Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic

*Bright 4.3-inch diagonal color touchscreen; 480 x 272 pixels, WQVGA TFT display with white backlight

*Sleek, ultra-thin design fits easily in pocket

*Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT

*Supports Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling when paired with *Bluetooth-enabled cell phones

*NOTE: Model number on the box is 265WT because the traffic receiver is included; however, the model number on the device itself is 265W as the "T" in 265WT refers to the additional component

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inch-Widescreen-B...