I have to lie to my dad for child support?

for the past 10 years my mom has made me tell my dad this weird lie that we're broke so she can get child support. i havent seen my dad in 5 years. he gets angry when i don't call him but truth is i don't want to lie to him anymore ...but i don't want to make my mom angry and tell him the truth.... show more for the past 10 years my mom has made me tell my dad this weird lie that we're broke so she can get child support. i havent seen my dad in 5 years. he gets angry when i don't call him but truth is i don't want to lie to him anymore ...but i don't want to make my mom angry and tell him the truth.

he thinks i don't love him because i don't call him and he always has to call me but truth is i cry when i hear his voice because i love him so much. sometimes i have to hold the phone against my shirt or pillow so he doesn't here my sniffles. :)

the only reason we're still getting child support is because of my little brother and it's $200. there have been plenty times we were homeless but now we're ok and my mom still wants me to lie.

i have to lie and say my mom doesn't have a boyfriend when her boyfriend of 2 years is the reason i can go to college. you know, stuff like that.

i tried talking to my mom about it but she doesn't really listen, she just goes on about how important this money is because it pays for electricity and gas (when i know too well she's a spendthrift and comes home with useless stuff when that money could've gone to electicity and gas like she says.)

i've adressed my mom's spending issues and the way i feel about lying to my dad many times but it goes through one ear and out the other with her. she's like a teenager sometimes and i feel like i have to be the parent (but i never say that because she works hard.)

my dad doesn't want to pay child support anymore and he's pretty rich. :/

it's just the whole lying concept. i want to talk to my dad without having to lie about my life.

does anyone have suggestions? ...or maybe in a similar boat?

please and thanks! :)