Laura asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 years ago

does anyone get a message saying this website has been reported unsafe? How do I get rid of it?

when I go from page to page sometimes the whole web page will turn red and have this message

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ed G
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That's a very good feature to have, you can turn it off in your browser setting. Or if it's yahoo safe search you can turn it off through yahoo. But don't do it. It's a good add security feature. One mistake some users make is to go to bad web sites that infect your computer through security Vulnerabilities. This will allow the malware to get past your anti-virus and infect your computer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It is likely that the provider for the site has realized that it has been hacked. DO NOT click continue or anything, or it will likely ruin your computer. Basically the site will either be shut down, or it will be recovered later.

Also (random security tip) If a website brings up a popup and asks you a question like "Would you like to win $5000 for free?" do not click ok or cancel. Click the X on the popup to avoid virus downloads.

• 10 years ago

Hi,

sorry to tell you but i think you have a Malware Virus on your system !!!!!

so please do all this to kill it :-

you have a really bad virus and the only thing to kill it is "Malwarebytes", some times this virus blocks anti-virus sites so download it using another system on to a Flash drive then use the flash drive to install it onto the infected system, then reboot and then run a FULL scan of your system, if this fails try this, reboot and press F8 as it boots up, this will take you into safe mode, then run a Full scan again.

If it is still blocked & won’t install try this:-

When it asks you where you would like to save it, change the "mbam_setup.exe" file to xxxxx.exe.

Then install it, update it, and run a full scan in Safe mode.

This will clear your system of this virus.

http://malwarebytes.org/

This is also one of the best free anti-spyware programs; again always run your anti-virus software in “Safe Mode” on full scan.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

This will all help you and are completely FREE downloads.

Trust me this does work.

Simple version of what to do:-

Download “Malwarebytes” onto a UBS Memory stick using a friends system

Use the Filehippo links as these are completely FREE

http://filehippo.com/

Reboot your system

As it boots up press (tap) F8

When in SAFE MODE install “Malwarebytes” using your USB Stick copy

When installed, run a full scan of your HDD

Reboot back into main windows again

Update “Malwarebytes” using the update tab page

Run another full scan of your HDD

Trust me this will not harm your system at all, only kill any bad stuff that's on it.

This is completely FREE and easy to do and WORKS, so why not try this first??

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

sounds like you are running ie8 in protected mode with the smart screen filter on.don't complain.be glad.you may just avoid a infected web site.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

dont try to get read of it. its a broswer feature alerting u abt,potential problem of accessing a site.

u get and accept the certifiacte of that particular web site once (if u trust that) and u wont get the alert for that particular site again.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i would heed that advice. i have Norton anti virus and it does that it stops you form visiting the page, because there is a known threat, be it a virus or malware of phising. and its trying to protect your computer

• cima
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

try those 2 loose courses, ccleaner, cleans all temp information/folders, cookies etc. Lavasoft adaware/undercover agent ware remover, acquire, replace, run complete test. different determination is to envision the two information superhighway settings and browser settings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.