Bri
Bri asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Does liking horror films make me crazy?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just wondering.

I saw my first horror film when I was 4 years old, (not by choice). "Child's Play". It was pretty traumatizing for me. My babysitter showed it to me pretty much everyday. I'm not sure why, I guess she thought it was funny to see me scared or something, not sure. Anyway ever since then I've had this fascination with horror films. I watch them all the time. Also I distinctly remember in the first grade, when we were aloud to draw, I would draw pictures of dead people. When I think about that now, it freaks me out even more.

Sometimes I think maybe all of this was caused because I was exposed to them at such a young age, or because I'm just crazy, like a sociopath or psychopath or something. It's not like I've ever wanted to kill anyone or fantasized about it. I don't even get any satisfaction out of watching the movies. I just find it weird that I watch horror films so often. It bothers me sometimes.

Plus my Mom doesnt help by calling me a serial killer all the time.

She says she's joking, but it still makes me feel bad.

Anyway, would this mean I'm crazy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-IV_Codes

I read through that.

It was pointless posting that. That was explaining real disorders.

Like I said I like watching horror films. Nothing more.

• Favorite Answer

i dont think so because i love horror films also. i watched many horror films when i was young too and i still love them. i watch them by myself in the dark sometimes too. so if your crazy, then im crazy!

Quarantine... Crappiest frightening movie ever that I even have considered! It grew to become into so undesirable that now each and every time I see a horror flick I savor myself because of the fact I keep telling myself that "This movie is soo plenty extra useful than Q!" i don't get scared from horror video clips ever considering the fact that I observed the in the back of the curtain of JAWS and the mechanical beast grew to become into printed!

Yes, I think it is in the DSM-IV.