Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bri
Lv 4
Bri asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Does liking horror films make me crazy?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just wondering.

I saw my first horror film when I was 4 years old, (not by choice). "Child's Play". It was pretty traumatizing for me. My babysitter showed it to me pretty much everyday. I'm not sure why, I guess she thought it was funny to see me scared or something, not sure. Anyway ever since then I've had this fascination with horror films. I watch them all the time. Also I distinctly remember in the first grade, when we were aloud to draw, I would draw pictures of dead people. When I think about that now, it freaks me out even more.

Sometimes I think maybe all of this was caused because I was exposed to them at such a young age, or because I'm just crazy, like a sociopath or psychopath or something. It's not like I've ever wanted to kill anyone or fantasized about it. I don't even get any satisfaction out of watching the movies. I just find it weird that I watch horror films so often. It bothers me sometimes.

Plus my Mom doesnt help by calling me a serial killer all the time.

She says she's joking, but it still makes me feel bad.

Anyway, would this mean I'm crazy?

Update:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-IV_Codes

I read through that.

It was pointless posting that. That was explaining real disorders.

Like I said I like watching horror films. Nothing more.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

i dont think so because i love horror films also. i watched many horror films when i was young too and i still love them. i watch them by myself in the dark sometimes too. so if your crazy, then im crazy!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Quarantine... Crappiest frightening movie ever that I even have considered! It grew to become into so undesirable that now each and every time I see a horror flick I savor myself because of the fact I keep telling myself that "This movie is soo plenty extra useful than Q!" i don't get scared from horror video clips ever considering the fact that I observed the in the back of the curtain of JAWS and the mechanical beast grew to become into printed!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I think it is in the DSM-IV.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.