Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 10 years ago

Lady Gaga or Madonna?

I love Madonna, she has been my favorite singer since I was a little girl. Everyone keeps saying that Lady Gaga is the new Madonna but I think that Gaga sucks and won't last another few years. What do you guys think?

To me the only thing that sets Lady Gaga apart from the rest is her fashion, I don't find her music to be that good at all. Madonna's songs are more like stories whereas Gaga's songs are just average mainstream, nothing special about any of them. That's just my opinion.

• Д. J.
    Favorite Answer

Madonna!

She's a legend... For more than three decades, she has conquered almost every kind of musical genre: Pop, Rock, Rock & Roll, Soul, R&B, Acoustic, Acoustic Blues, Gospel, Ballad, Retro, Alternative, Indie Rock, Punk, Instrumental, Ambient, Romantic, Speech, Lullabies, Duet, Disco, Club, Country, House, Original Score, Soundtrack, Musicals, Orchestral, Latin, Jazz, Funk, New Wave, Techno, Glam, Dance, Electronic, Hardcore House, Hip-Hop, Trip-Hop & More!

Madonna is the mother of Re-Inventions. She's one of the most powerful and famous women on the planet, a real goddess on earth. She’s royalty. The Forbes Magazine said Madonna is the most influential female artist in music history. Her fortune is around 850 million dollars, she has contributed to many causes around the world, by giving her own money. She has created an amazing documentary about HIV/AIDS in Malawi, she has built schools in Africa and last year she traveled to Brazil to create (along with the future president) a contribution plan to help poor childrens in that country. She declared that her plans for decades to come is to help the world. People who really need it.

Madonna has sold around 400 million albums worldwide and she’s not just music; she’s also political stuff, religious stuff, an a social and cultural visionary. She’s a writer, a poet, a composer, a director, an film maker, an actress, a dancer, a designer, a photographer, a model, a record producer, an a full musician (she plays many instruments) and a humanitarian.

Madonna is a roll model of life, she’s a real warrioress. I think, people feel connected with her for many reasons.

People Loves Madonna Because She Rocks!!!!

She's The Greatest In History!!!!

Saying Lady Gaga is the new Madonna is like saying Madonna is the new Marilyn Monroe. I think her recognition and popularity as an artist is similar to that of Madonna's, but there still two entirely different individuals. Perhaps 10 years from now there will be a new "pop queen" and everyone ilk call her "the new Lady Gaga." As far as how long she'll last in the music industry, I'm sure she'll have her ups and downs, as Madonna did, but I wouldn't expect her to fade away into oblivion. She isn't exactly known for hiding behind the limelight. I find it annoying when people call someone "the new" whatever, because it can sometimes sound like an insult to the person originality. Basically, they're two very different people who are both very successful at what they do, however, that doesn't make them the same person. Lets just all hope people won't start calling Justin Bieber the new Michael Jackson.

Then obviously you don't know anything about Gaga. Her songs mean something. Dance In The Dark is about her insecurities with her body. Love Game is about her decision between love and fame. I Like It Rough is about an abusive relationship. Speechless was written to her father to try to convince him to get open heart surgery. I could go on and on.

She is also one of the only stars these days that doesn't use autotune. I'vee seen her live, and her voice is exactly the same live as it is on the recordings. She's broken a ton of records that Madonna was never near breaking. She is extremely talented at piano. She is just very refreshing these days.

Yes, Madonna is a legend. But she has died out, almost completely. Lady Gaga is on her way to becoming the next legend. And look- just because her music is CURRENT it does NOT mean that it is awful.

Oh and to everyone out there- Lady Gaga has a vagina. She is not a hermaphrodite.

Thank you.

-Lily

EDIT: Lady Gaga is not just a singer. As I said, she also plays piano incredibly. She also writes her own music, choreographs her own dances, and designs her own sets. And not only that but she is very political, and has given a few speeches, one being for gay rights. I'm not saying she's better than Madonna, or saying she's the new queen of pop. But Lady Gaga has definitly added something to music history that anyone else has yet to add.

Madonna .

I love lady gaga and madonna

but madonna wins becuz shes a legend , shes the queen of pop , she has amazing music wich she expresses herself threw .

lady gaga is not the new madonna . shes only been here for about 2 years . she can't claim any title yet .

i guess people are saying she is the new madonna becuz she causes alot of contorversy , like madonna once did .

Madonna is the one who started all that kind of music, she's like the mother of pop. Lady GaGa is ok but she tries so hard to be different that gets to the point to be ridiculous. But both are the best of its own decade.

• ?

Madonna is the one and only. Lady Gaga isn't. She doesn't come close to Madonna. They have certain similarities yes but Madonna's Madonna, there's only one.

lady gaga is unique and originall and doesnt care what people think there is no1 lik her when madonna was out every 1 looked li, her cause of the style in the 80's gaga writes all of her songs as well as writes for other artists which madona hasnt lady gaga is already an icon witin the year madonna is far from orignal she was just another hollywood girl when gaga was different from them all lik it or not gagas gonna be here for ever and its funny cause she already had an 8 hour long tv program about her life and she only been out for 2 years she gratefull for things she has a story in every song her shows are lik broadway a theme to each song madona and gaga are nothing alike i dont understand why people compare them other than tht their both italian have blond hair but other than that there no where near alike madonna had her time now its gaga's but gaga made it to wear she actually cares about her fans

Source(s): me i'll always be a little monster

Lady Gaga

I like Madonna, but I think that Lady Gaga is my fave out of the two. I don't love either of them, but if I had to choose, I would go with Gaga.

I vote Madonna. I agree that Lady Gaga sucks.