Most girls shave their pubic areas?

Bare, I mean? I do and I have for a long time...it just feels better, smoother and cleaner. My roommates do, and my friends I've talked with say they do. So is this the norm for everyone else?

Thanx....sorry if tmi but I'm sure people are mature enough to answer.

Favorite Answer

Yes this is not a big deal.I have done it since i was a young teen.I think it is alot cleaner.Hair just grosses me out unless it is the hair on a head of course.I took some medical classes and it was said that people who don't shave their under arms and other areas where pubis hair grows they produce more sweat and of course sweat means odor.No thank you.I prefer being as clean as i can.My husband prefers it him self.I am only 23 and i think i will always do this and since i am pregnant it is a plus because the nurses don't have to prep me for delivery.I think it is more common for younger generations to do this.The plus side is you don't have to worry about pricklies poking through your bikini bottom in the summer time.lol...Sorry...probably not so funny to some one who suffers from that issue.

Source(s): Mommy to a 2 year old and 5 months pregnant.Been doing this since i was a young teen and i feel it is cleaner and much more comfortable.
  • Sally

Of course not. That just seems to be a popular option. Pubic hair is there for a reason and should be left there. It poses no sanitary risk as long as it is kept clean, like every girl should do. Some boys will be disgusted by the sight of pubic hair, but that really depends on the guy. I would actually prefer to see natural pubic hair. Besides, any caring guy will love you for what you are.

as a girl I do shave all my hair off. I think it has to do with what generation you grow up in. I don't think my mom shaves hers bare but all my friends shave theirs bare. I just think it has to do with how you like it. It is also normal if you want to grow it out and leave it. I'm not saying it should be a bush down there at all but if you like a little hair down there then why not have it.

I don't know about most girls but I know some do and others don't. I thinks it's whatever you want. I didn't use to shave it ALL off but then recently I was just like "ahh let's just shave it off since I think it's so ugly being there" lol - I am serious though :)

I do, and yea I agree it does feel a whole lot better. Also if your going swimming you don't want the whole world to think you have stolen a bush and hid it in you bottoms...lol

Yeah . Kinda depends though some who arent active under there wont.

• Viola

Yep. I'm not sexually active at all, but I do it for personal cleanliness and hygiene. Much easier to deal with that time o' the month when you don't have hair making it messier.

did u mean public or private areas??

well i think shaving everywhere is just normal. everyone does it.

• I like a lil' landing strip personally.. to me that's more sexy then completely shaven

completely normal.

I dont want brad pitt's ex goatie growing down in my undies.