Carly Fiorina drove HP into the dirt before she was ousted from her CEO postion, now you want her as a senator?

Why would anyone vote for someone who cannot run a company to represent them?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6939785/

updated 2/9/2005 3:49:04 PM ET

Share Print Font: + - SAN FRANCISCO — Carly Fiorina’s nearly six-year reign at Hewlett-Packard Co. ended abruptly Wednesday as board members forced her out, disappointed by her inability to transform a plodding technology giant dominated by printer sales into a more nimble innovator.

H-P’s stock, which has gone nowhere for two years and is down two-thirds from its peak in 2000, rose almost 7 percent after earlier soaring almost 11 percent on the news of her ouster.

Board members said they fired the chief executive — perhaps corporate America’s most influential woman — because Fiorina failed to slash costs and boost revenue as quickly as directors had hoped.

SHE IS A FAILURE

Update:

HP STOCKS WENT UP AFTER THEY FIRED HER LOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Update 2:

LOL DOWN?

CALIFORNIA SUCKS *** I DONT WANT ANYONE RUNNING IT

Update 3:

Shovel Ready TOTAL LIE

just two days, HP and Compaq share prices declined by 21.5% and 15.7% respectively. Together, the pair lost US$ 13 billion in market capitalization in a couple of days. In the next two weeks, HP's stock went down by another 17%, amidst a lot of negative comments about the merger from analysts and the company's competitors. Industry analysts wondered what benefits HP, a global market leader in the high margin printers business, would reap in acquiring a personal computer (PC) manufacturer like Compaq at a time when PCs were fast emerging as low-margin

the merger also failed to put HP in competition with DELL and IBM like it was proposed

Update 4:

Patches O'Houlihan

how can you ask a question and then "cat got your tounge?" in the same breath? you're a perfect example of a total moron.

Executive experience doesnt mean **** if you cant lead. anyone who is dedicated can make up to ceo. once in the chair and you show you cannot think criticaly and make good decisions then you get fired like her

Update 5:

I'm GLAD YOU ALL WANT TO REPLACE ONE MORON WITH ANOTHER.

you guys do California great justice!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

If you're going to talk about Fiorina, would you please show some integrity and cover her entire career? Do you think she got the HP job by drawing the long straw?

Oh and by the way, what is Obama's private sector business experience? What about Jerry Brown? How many payrolls did either have to make? Cat got your tongue?

EDIT: Big surprise, the asker responds to my question with an ad hominem attack. Must be easier than dealing with the simple fact that Carly Fiorina was an accomplished executive when the HP board picked her. Not to mention, you can probably count the CEOs who have exactly zero failures on their record with zero hands. Leftists don't accomplish anything, so they feel they can smear those who do.

• 9 years ago

As OPPOSED to BOXER???? LOL 30 years of absolute FAILURE and BANKRUPTING California. I'll take my chances on the newbie

California is a disaster becasue of Boxer pelosi and Feinstein. Three losers that have already destroyed the best state in the Union and you want to reelect Boxer? what are you smoking?

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

The merger with Compaq took a while to pay off, but it did pay off nicely, so Carly deserves credit for it.

• 9 years ago

Anybody that would spend millions of dollars promoting a campaign that basically is seeking the "pity vote" because of her history of cancer scares the daylights out of me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Only Democrats are allowed to drive states into the dirt?

• 9 years ago

Hp was in trouble anyhow. If youre from ca you know what this stupid betch boxer is about and how she screwed us through the years. I hope that racist whore DIES!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Then she is the perfect sort of person to be involved in our government. She'll fit right in.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Maybe we should just send all of our broken tools to Republicans .

They seem to prefer them.

• 9 years ago

yes. she is the best option. yours is a ideology based position not political.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.