Can a teen be admitted to a psych ward involuntarily for...?

I was wondering if a teen girl can be admitted to a psych ward (even if they don't want to go) for self abuse and suicidal thoughts/plans? (and possible OCD.) *(and this question is for teens who have been admitted to one in the past) whats it like there? what happens to you and what do they do? is it all... show more I was wondering if a teen girl can be admitted to a psych ward (even if they don't want to go) for self abuse and suicidal thoughts/plans? (and possible OCD.)
*(and this question is for teens who have been admitted to one in the past) whats it like there? what happens to you and what do they do?
is it all separated by gender?
how long can they keep you? -because i know that if you are admitted involuntarily the doctors and nurses there can make you stay longer than they had originally planned on..
-do you usually have a roommate?
do they force you to take sleeping/antidepressant medications?
-- i just have A LOT of questions about this because i think my parents may have planned on sending me to one, and i want to know what goes on. .
- so if you could tell me about your experiences, or why you got sent to one or how long you stayed.. any information about this will probably help, i am just confused about the whole process. .
*thank you in advance.. and i am serious about this question so please don't just post rude/irrelevant comments. thank you.
Update: and i am perscribed anti-depressants but i dont take them because im afraid that i will kindof become dependant on them to be happy and i really dont want it to be like that. manic depression/bipolar disorder runs through my mothers side of the family. so i have seen from that how much people can depend on those... show more and i am perscribed anti-depressants but i dont take them because im afraid that i will kindof become dependant on them to be happy and i really dont want it to be like that. manic depression/bipolar disorder runs through my mothers side of the family. so i have seen from that how much people can depend on those meds to be happy, and what happens to them when they arent taking them.