How to apply false eyelashes
1. The first step and maybe the most important one when applying false eyelashes is to start with clean eye lids. The adhesive (glue ) will not stick to oil so be sure to use an oil-free eye makeup remover. Be sure not to use any oil-based makeup near your eyes.
2. The next step in applying false eyelashes is to choose a color and a length. For a natural look, stick with a color that matches your own shade of lashes. Blondes and light color haired gals can go with a light brown color, but all other gals should use dark brown or black. For a glamorous evening look everyone can go with black. Most false eyelashes will need to be trimmed, as the lashes are too long for most women. Be sure to trim just a little at a time. Then test run them by holding them on your eyelid and seeing how well they fit across your lid. You will probably have to trim the length as well. Be sure to curve them across your lid. Take off one or two lashes at a time to get just the right fit. Be sure they don’t extend past your eyelid as this will be very uncomfortable. Do all your trimming before applying the adhesive. Sharp scissors will do the trick. You can try Maybelline's Expert Eyes lashes in Black Demi-Wisp (available at drugstores for $7.00).
3. Third step in applying false eyelashes is to add adhesive to the false eyelashes. Celebrity makeup artist Nicole Bryl recommends applying them with a dark lash glue. The dark glue helps define the lash line. Don’t use too much. Putting some on paper and using a toothpick can help. Let the adhesive become tacky, (this only takes about a minute), before applying the false eyelashes to your own eyelash line. Remember to never put the false eyelash adhesive directly on your own eyelid. The adhesive is meant only to be applied to the false eyelash itself. You certainly don’t want glue in your eye, and your certainly don’t want to glue your eye shut either!
4. While looking in the mirror, start applying your false eyelashes at the inside corner, press and hold the false eyelashes as close to your own lash line as possible If you feel your fingers are too big for this step you can use tweezers. Be very careful not to poke yourself in the eye.
5. If you’re using individual lashes or clumps, start at the outside and work toward the inner eye. You will only need a couple of individual lashes or clumps to achieve a natural look.
6. After apply the false eyelashes and letting them dry, take an eyelash curler and gently curl your new false eyelashes along with you own lashes
7. To unify the look of your new lashes apply liquid eyeliner over both. No mascara needed.
8. When you want to remove the false eyelashes, be gentle. Because your eye lids are so sensitive don’t pull your false eyelashes off without the use of eye makeup remover. Let the remover soak in for a couple of minutes. The oil will loosen the strip.
9. To use your false eyelashes again, clean them according to the manufacture’s directions. Be sure to pull off any remaining glue. Let them dry completely before putting them
· 7 years ago