Do you think that Apple Inc. is breaking the law with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad?

Now before I begin, let me say that I love Apple products, however Apple seriously limits the functionality with all three of their touch devices. Back in the day, I believe with windows 95 or 98 a lawsuit was filed against Microsoft because it only allowed the Internet Explorer browser on their computers. It... show more Now before I begin, let me say that I love Apple products, however Apple seriously limits the functionality with all three of their touch devices.

Back in the day, I believe with windows 95 or 98 a lawsuit was filed against Microsoft because it only allowed the Internet Explorer browser on their computers. It was ruled that it was unlawful for that to happen. Is Apple not doing almost the same thing now? You are not allowed to install any software not "approved" by Apple itself, and to do that you must jailbreak your device and "void" your warranty. Apple constantly updates its iOS software to patch "security loopholes" that allows people to jailbreak their devices. But that is aside from the point. If you make a device that is mass produced, don't you have to allow the consumer to install whatever software their heart desires? It seems as if Apple is censoring out any application that it does not like or does not "approve". And along with that, AT&T and Apple are creating a sort of a monopoly with its iPhone exclusivity contract. Apple and AT&T know that the iPhone is just about the most popular phone on the market, and it is understandable to use it as a selling point, but I think that it has gone too far. It would be different if AT&T created its own phone and used it as a selling point and did not allow it onto other carriers, but to pay another company for exclusive rights to its products is a monopolistic move. Do you think what I am saying is true? Leave your answer and feedback.