Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

internet connected no access?

my asus eee netbook is connected to my college wireless internet but it says i dont have any internet access. i have never had this problem before, when i run the trouble shooter nothing comes up. i have no clue what its problem is or how to fix it. what do i need to do

Update:

y asus eee netbook is connected to my college wireless internet but it says i dont have any internet access. i have never had this problem before, when i run the trouble shooter nothing comes up. i have no clue what its problem is or how to fix it. what do i need to do

i am running windows 7

i went into the command prompt for "ping yahoo.com" after my request being timed out twice it says that i sent 4 packets and received 0, lost 4 <100% loss>

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try typing

ipconfig

See if:

1: you have an IP address.

2: Whether it's an internal IP address, or an external one.

Try pinging an internal site (intranet? what college are you at?)

There are many reasons as to why you might not have internet access.. Perhaps your school is blocking internet access; more than likely you might need to enter some proxy settings..

Or maybe take them off!

On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.

Under Proxy server, do you have anything there?

If you do, try removing it. If you don't, try to find out if you should....

Do you have a static IP address set on your computer?

Open Control Panel.

Click Network and Internet

Click the Local Area Connection.

Click Properties

Double click on internet protocol (ipv4)

Is the button checked on obtain address automatically, or use the following..... ?

What about DNS?

Is it set to automatic or static?

Maybe you need to specify a DNS server..

Can you ping 66.102.11.104 (google's IP address)..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.