Maggie asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I am terrified of identical twins. What is this called? They absolutely horrify me.?

When I see identical twins, I literally freeze in my footsteps. My heart races and I panic. I get that feeling we all get right before we get into a nasty car accident..but what's worse is that I cannot move. I'm absolutely frozen with fear. Same with midgets as well. It's horribly embarrassing and a terrible feeling. What is this phobia called?

The official scientific word for the fear of identical twins is duomaieusiophobia. The prefix "duo" means "two" or "double" and the suffix "maieusiophobia" means "fear of childbirth."

I too have a weird phobia. I'm terrified of collarbones. :/ I know exactly how you feel. I'm really embarrassed. I get panic attacks when somebody touches my collarbone or if someone has really noticeable collarbones.

well first off we all have a twin its called our shadow

but the term you are looking for here would be duomaieusiophobia.

The fear of twins!

Beyond that go talk to a doctor because phobias can be controlled very easily!

Dont hate yourself we are all twins you just ate yours before birth

Fear of the movie The Shining.

Come play with us.. forever and ever..

kidding :P

and there is no real phobia of it.. though you could call it duomaieusiophobia (two of similar)(childbirth) or duopedophobia (though that would only be twin kids)

its called naziyouthobia