Why is it hard for people with mental disorders to recognize it?

I know it wouldn't be fun to be labeled with schizophrenia,OCD, bipolar disorder, or transsexualism, but why can't they realize they have a disorder. Is it just part of the mental disease that makes them think they are mentally normal. Do they really think just about the entire world would list it as a... show more I know it wouldn't be fun to be labeled with schizophrenia,OCD, bipolar disorder, or transsexualism, but why can't they realize they have a disorder. Is it just part of the mental disease that makes them think they are mentally normal. Do they really think just about the entire world would list it as a mental disorder if it wasn't? Are they just to proud to admit they have a mental disease? It's not their fault they have this disorder, why can't they just accept it and try to work on a solution.