Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of Arkansas Plants and Trees?

I am a Wildlife Biology Major at Arkansas State University. My Biology of Plants professor wants us to do a digital plant collection...but I can't find any websites dedicated just to Arkansas. It has to be Native Plants of Arkansas. Help?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ARKANSAS VASCULAR FLORA PROJECT -

The goal of the Arkansas Vascular Flora Project is to publish a definitive treatment for the flora of Arkansas--The Manual of the Vascular Plants of Arkansas. The Manual will provide keys to plant families, genera and species, as well as morphological descriptions, illustrations and distribution maps for all taxa in the state. Representing the first complete taxonomic treatment for Arkansas, the Manual will also include a comprehensive introduction to the state's botanical history, geology and vegetation.

The Arkansas Vascular Flora Project is coordinated by members of the Arkansas Vascular Flora Committee (AVFC), a consortium of botanists from Arkansas and surrounding states. Initial efforts by the AVFC have focused on completion of the Checklist of the Vascular Plants of Arkansas and the Atlas of the Vascular Plants of Arkansas. These two publications will serve as a foundation of information for the Manual.

The Checklist was completed in 2006 and is available for purchase through the University of Arkansas Herbarium (see Completed Publication below). The Atlas, which will provide county-level distribution maps for all species in the state, has an anticipated publication date of 2007. The Manual has anticipated publication date of 2014.

http://www.uark.edu/~arkflora/

• 1 decade ago

Doesn't the university have an Extension program for that?

if not go to your county extent ion office

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.