Why is Rajnikanth the undisputed superstar of India?

A new movie for Superstar Rajnikanth is going to be released staring Rajnikanth and Aishvary Rai called Robot. Many years back when I was touring Cheanni, a movie with named "Padyappa" or something like that was being released, and remember people praying posters of Rajnikanth, they were poring milk... show more A new movie for Superstar Rajnikanth is going to be released staring Rajnikanth and Aishvary Rai called Robot.

Many years back when I was touring Cheanni, a movie with named "Padyappa" or something like that was being released, and remember people praying posters of Rajnikanth, they were poring milk on movie posters, cracking coconut in front of posters, offering garlands, entire traffic was jam, I travel across India, but I have not seen such mass hysteria anywhere else for any other movie star. May be some extend Chiranjeevee has fan following to similar extend in AP but I don't think to same extend. I don't think Superstar of Hindi Cinema has such mass following for him any where in India including his own city, and he never had even during his best days. Even today, Rajnikanth has over 100 registered fans club in India and Amitabh has only 20.

At one time Rajnikanth and Kamal Hasan had completion but today, as far as name and fame is concerned, Rajnikanth is undisputed superstar of Tamil cinema.

Rajanikanth is not a politician but often gives political statements that have impact, he is not a spiritual leader but sometimes gives spiritual statements and people pay attention to that.

He is a real entertainer, but his most of the movies are entertaining only, unlike Kamal Hasan where he has art, or Amitabh's Paa or Black where he does experiments, still Rajnikanth is THE HERO.

What is the reason for such mass fan following for Mr. Rajnikanth, the undisputed superstar of Tamil cinema, who leads in fan following to any superstar of India including Amitabh Bachhan the superstar of the millennium?
Update: Raj Kish Sir, while opening this question, I had Bull sir's avatar in my mind :), I was expecting him to write a an elaborate answer on this subject, and I was expecting me to select his answer as a best answer, I had made up my mind before even opening the question that Mr. Bull is my BA candidate for this... show more Raj Kish Sir, while opening this question, I had Bull sir's avatar in my mind :), I was expecting him to write a an elaborate answer on this subject, and I was expecting me to select his answer as a best answer, I had made up my mind before even opening the question that Mr. Bull is my BA candidate for this question :) But Mr. Bull does not give me opportunity. Just a joke guys, don't take seriously...

I have not said Rajnikanth is a better actor than others, like in Hindi Cinema, AB is not better actor than Om Puri or Nasiruddin Shah though he is better entertainer. Same way, Kamal Hasan is better actor than Rajani, but not a better entertainer. I like both. I am Rajnikanth's fan, I don't need to understand his dialogues.