What are some companies, that use greek mythology as their logan, symbol, or for advertising?

I have a project for school and i need some things that relate to greek mythology in our everyday life. i have found the most famous and and now i need some unknownn companies that i could use, because we are not allowed to have the same thing as anyone in my class. HELP!

Update:

I also need to know how they are related

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Aegis - Zeus and Athena's protective shield; modern group of insurance companies (The Aegis Group).

Ajax - Greek warrior in the Trojan War, who "cleaned up" in battle; popular household cleanser.

Amazon - Race of warrior women; amazon.com - huge on-line bookstore.

Apollo - God of music; Apollo Theater is a famous music hall in New York city.

Ares - Greek god of war; popular car model.

Argus - Giant watchman with a hundred eyes; Argus Security is a modern security company, specializing in commercial business protection.

Atlas - Was doomed to support the heavens on his shoulders; a modern moving company (Atlas Van Lines); also, Atlas Travel is a popular name for travel agencies all over the globe.

Charon - Boatman who ferries the souls of the dead to the Underworld; www.charon.com, a company "offering solutions for a connected world."

Delphi - Sanctuary to Apollo and home to his famous Oracles; Delphi Forums (www.delphi.com) is an on-line meeting place to promote discussions and to find answers. Delphi is also the name of an international Automotive Group.

Hercules - Roman name for Heracles, the greatest Greek hero; the company called Hercules - http://www.hercules.com - makes a top-selling video graphics card (their slogan is Legendary Strength, Quality and Performance);

there is also the Hercules transport plane, used by the United States Air Force to carry large volumes of war material and food;

Hercules Incorporated - http://www.herc.com - is a maker of chemicals and allied products.

Hermes - Olympian Herald and Messenger god; popular brand of soap. Also, the FTD flower delivery company incorporates Hermes and his winged heels in their logo.

Hyperion - Titan whose name means "he who goes before the sun"; a company (www.hyperion.com) that specializes in "business analysis software." Also the name of a book publishing company.

Hydra - Sea serpent with nine heads, killed by Hercules; It's the chosen name (www.hydra.com) of the Internet Chess Club.

Medusa - Terrible monster whose glance would petrify you, killed by the hero Perseus; Medusa Cement Company sells cement products worldwide.

Midas - King with the golden touch, who transformed all he touched to gold; a famous muffler and brake chain of service stations.

Nike - Winged goddess of Victory, who can run and fly at great speeds; a famous company that sells...well...if you haven't heard of the company Nike, welcome to our planet...:)

Odyssey - The 10-year sea voyage endured by the Trojan War hero, Odysseus, as he sought to return home to Ithica; Odyssey Travel is a well-known travel agency; Odyssey Cruise Lines is a cruise company; Odyssey Records is a record company; there's even an Odyssey Golf Club company...you get the drift, Odyssey is a very popular modern mythological rip-off...

Olympus - Home of the Olympian gods; name of popular camera and photographic technology company. Also, Olympic Airlines is another variation of the name. (Note: Thanasi's Olympus Greek Restaurant is owned by the Myth Man...)

Orion - A giant hunter slain by Artemis in Greek mythology; a motion picture production company, Orion Pictures.

Pandora - The first woman in Greek mythology, whose name means "all-gifted"; Pandora's Gift Boutique sells quality gift merchandise.

Parthenon - The temple of Athena, built on the Acropolis of Athens; perhaps the most-used name for any Greek restaurant in any city of the world! It's ridiculous...I bet there's a Parthenon Restaurant in your town! :)

Pegasus - Winged horse that was born from Medusa's head when she was killed; Pegasus Expedite Company is a national delivery/courier service; Pegasus Satellite Systems is a provider of satellite entertainment services. The winged horse motif is used by dozens of companies. Check out my Pegasus Homework Help page for more on that.

Phoenix - A mythical and one-of-a-kind bird that burns on a funeral pyre after a life of hundreds of years, only to be re-born from the ashes; also the name of a national photographic technology company.

Poseidon - God of the Sea and brother of Zeus; Poseidon Travel is a common travel agency name; Poseidon Seafood is a national brand of seafood products. Neptune, the Roman version, is often also used by companies, as in Neptune Fresh Lobster Co.

Asus – named after Pegasus, the winged horse of Greek mythology. The first three letters of the word were dropped to get a high position in alphabetical listings. An Asus company named Pegatron, using the spare letters, was spun off in 2008.

• 3 years ago

Nike Greek Goddess Symbol

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are some companies, that use greek mythology as their logan, symbol, or for advertising?

I have a project for school and i need some things that relate to greek mythology in our everyday life. i have found the most famous and and now i need some unknownn companies that i could use, because we are not allowed to have the same thing as anyone in my class. HELP!

Source(s): companies greek mythology logan symbol advertising: https://tr.im/8TCNz
  • klyn
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Nike Goddess Symbols

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

What would you consider to be a "symbol" of a god? There are pictures of them and stories about them and some have special objects, like Athena's owl, but none really have symbols. I suppose you could google Greek coins and look at the pictures on those.

• 4 years ago

You might not think that a professional football team would be considered a company, well that is exactly what it is!

The titans were what were around before the Greek gods and goddesses, and are where the likes of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon come from.

• 9 years ago

Nike is named after a greek goddess.

The American medical symbol is Hermes's symbol.

The symbol of the USA is an eagle (the symbol of Zeus)

There is a company called Vesta that makes matches (though Vesta was a roman goddess and her greek equivilent was called Hestia.

Hope this helps :D

• Helen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axRut

Aphrodite- sceptre, myrtle, dove Apollo- bow, lyre, laurel Ares- spear Artemis- bow, deer Athena- aegis, owl, olive tree Demeter- sceptre, torch, corn Dionysos- grape vine, ivy, thyrsos Hera- sceptre, diadem, peacock Hermes- caduceus, winged boots Poseidon- trident, horse, bull hope that helps :) Zeus- thunderbolt, eagle, oak

• 9 years ago

Nike takes its name from the Greek goddess Nike, also know as the winged goddess of victory. Goddess of strength, speed and victory, basically all that The Nike company stands for.

Nike gets its swoosh logo from the goddess's wings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.