holidaying in bulgaria?

I am looking to go to bulgaria on holiday i want to go somewhere between the ski resorts and the beaches.

What is there to do in bulgaria other than ski and lounge on the beach? would i need to learn any bulgarian any phrases or anything.

Any help would be grateful.

Are there any resorts which take animals?

Favorite Answer

There is a lot to do in Bulgaria - aside from lounging on the beach or skiing, you can visit the various cities. Plovdiv (central Bulgaria) has an incredible part of the city called the 'old town', where you can see typically 19th century historical buildings, a Roman amphitheater amongst many other things. It depends whether you're interested in plunging yourself into the culture or not. Most of the cities have something fun and interesting to see or do. Sofia has a lot to offer - culturally and socially. You haven't specified what you're looking for so I can't tell you exactly what to look for. As for Bulgarian phrases, you should probably know the basics like:

hello: 'zdraveite' or 'zdrasti' (if it's someone you know)

please: 'molia'

thank you: 'blagodaria'

excuse me: 'izvinete'

can you help me?: 'mojete li da mi pomognete?'

etc...i'm sure you can find a small phrase book with everything you'll need.

Source(s): Used to live there