Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

holidaying in bulgaria?

I am looking to go to bulgaria on holiday i want to go somewhere between the ski resorts and the beaches.

What is there to do in bulgaria other than ski and lounge on the beach? would i need to learn any bulgarian any phrases or anything.

Any help would be grateful.

Update:

Are there any resorts which take animals?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a lot to do in Bulgaria - aside from lounging on the beach or skiing, you can visit the various cities. Plovdiv (central Bulgaria) has an incredible part of the city called the 'old town', where you can see typically 19th century historical buildings, a Roman amphitheater amongst many other things. It depends whether you're interested in plunging yourself into the culture or not. Most of the cities have something fun and interesting to see or do. Sofia has a lot to offer - culturally and socially. You haven't specified what you're looking for so I can't tell you exactly what to look for. As for Bulgarian phrases, you should probably know the basics like:

hello: 'zdraveite' or 'zdrasti' (if it's someone you know)

please: 'molia'

thank you: 'blagodaria'

excuse me: 'izvinete'

can you help me?: 'mojete li da mi pomognete?'

etc...i'm sure you can find a small phrase book with everything you'll need.

Source(s): Used to live there
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.