Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

If some1 accidently killed some1 else what happens?

like for example that guy on the news a couple years ago fed a health inspetor a blowfish and went to jail because he died what would his sentence be? (life, 20 years etc.)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So let me get this straight. A guy commits a legal act w/o due caution of the possibility of death. As a result, the health inspector dies. In that case, he is charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. The maximum sentence on that charge is 8 years imprisonment and/or a fine of an indefinite amount. However, states might have separate manslaughter laws that he is being charged with instead of the federal one. In that case, tell me the state.

18 USC 1112 (Manslaughter)

(a) Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. It is of two kinds:

Voluntary—Upon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion.

Involuntary—In the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony, or in the commission in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection, of a lawful act which might produce death.

(b) Within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,

Whoever is guilty of voluntary manslaughter, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both;

Whoever is guilty of involuntary manslaughter, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is called involuntary manslaughter. The most one's sentence would be for such a crime would be 15 years.

• 1 decade ago

i think that would be manslaughter (an accidental killing) and depending on what level it was your fault and if you werent using common sence is how the judge decides the sentence

• 1 decade ago

forever

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It would be man saluter,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.