relationships & kids?

im a 34 year old laid-off school teacher on the east coast..never had a girlfriend, been hugged or kissed or anything else ;). Its annoys me that I live on my own, pay my bills, and have 2 cats that came with the apartment.I see psychos walking around with all the nice girls. They say women like a dangerous element in their men but I wouldnt hurt a butterfly.

My other trouble is that I dont want kids. I have nothing against my parents but the worlds changed. Im an aquarian and being tied down is torture to me. People like us are always judged because we dont want them. Kids are expensive, unpredictable and in this economy will live in my attic unitl Im dead. Does anyone think its wrong? Might explain why Im having a real hard time.

Best Answer

I guess you just haven't found the right woman yet. I love kids. I have one of my own and want more. I love the responsibility and the love that you provide for your kids. Most women want children. On a rare occasion you will find a woman who doesn't want kids. Not all women want a bad boy. I have had my share of them and they are no good. My ex husband was a bad boy, and that obviously didn't work out. My boyfriend now is the kindest man I have ever known. I guess what I am trying to say that you will have to look hard, but you will find someone. I have always believed that there is a match for everyone.

I think that you should see a therapist to help you work through what ever issues you have regarding intimacy.

I also think that you should create a profile on Plenty of Fish. You should be completely honest and mention all of the things that you wrote here. Make sure to put several current pictures of yourself in your profile. I would actually put "I'm Still a Virgin (Under Protest)" as your headline. Honesty is the always the best policy. I am sure that there are many women who would enjoy taking your virginity. You might even meet one that is suitable for a relationship. It's all a numbers game. You might have to date numerous women before you meet one that is compatible.

Regarding kids; I never wanted any either. I have none that I know of. Not all women want to reproduce although many do. I have ended several relationships because my woman wanted to get married and start a family. Many of them ended up getting married and knocked up shortly thereafter. I always ask a potential partner what she would do if she were to get pregnant. If she says that she would have it; there is no way that I would consider being anything more than friends with her. Just like everything else in life; there are advantages and disadvantages to having children. For me the cons outnumbered the pros and I am happy and child-free.

Best of luck with your journey.

A lot of people don't want kids. That's your choice. You need to ask someone out and then you might get kissed. All women are different. Don't go out with one that has kids.