question about motorcycles?
at what age can you drive a motorcycle on the streets if your in texas can you get a drivers license under age 21
- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
Requirements for All Applicants
All first time applicants for a Texas motorcycle license must:
1. Apply in person at a Texas Driver License office.
2. Complete the requirements for an original applicant.
3. Present a completion certificate of the Motorcycle Safety Course (MSB-8 or MSB-8R), approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. This completion certificate waives the driving test if you 18 years of age or older.
A motorcycle learner license allows a beginning driver to operate a motorcycle with someone in sight that is 21 years of age or older and holds a valid motorcycle license.
To obtain a motorcycle learner license (permit), you must:
1. Complete the requirements for a learner license.
2. Present a completion certificate of the Motorcycle Safety Course (MSB-8), approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Under age 18
If the first time or learner license applicant is under Age 18, you must:
1. Be a minimum of 15 years of age (restricted to only operate a motorcycle that has not more than a 250 cubic centimeter piston displacement). On the 16th birthday of a special restricted Class M license, the 250 cubic centimeter restriction will be removed from the license without completion an additional motorcycle operator training course.
2. Complete the requirements for a learner license.
3. Present the completion certificate of Driver Education.
4. Submit a Verification of Enrollment and Attendance (VOE) form.
5. Obtain parental authorization signature.
6. Pass the mandatory motorcycle driving test. NOTE: For customer convenience, some locations are pre-scheduling the driving exam. Contact your local Driver License office to see if appointments are offered.
If you are currently out-of-state and want to add the motorcycle license to your Texas driver license, you must:
1. Complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course, approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. If a military member, a MSF course may be offered on base. If not, you can complete a course through a local college or university.
2. Submit a copy of the graded written exam or a letter from the instructor stating the exam taken and grade given, and the MSF completion certificate.
3. Submit the required fee in the form of a check or money order drawn on a U.S. Bank, payable to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
4. Mail the documents and required fee to:
Texas Department of Public Safety
P. O. Box 15999
Austin, TX 78761-5999