Anyone go into labor with NO warning signs?

I mean no loss of plug, no bloody show, no loose stools, etc....just started with contractions? Just trying to figure out if labor could be near or no since I haven't lost my plug or had my show....thanks

I didnt say I was in labor OR having contractions so why would I go to the er....I'm just asking has this happened to anybody....

IM NOT HAVING CONTRACTIONS!!!! THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING......

• kaba

Warning Signs Before Labor

1

Source(s): Fast Heartburn Relief http://AcidRefluxCure.netint.info/?ZgHF
  • b

Kind of -- but not really.

My water broke two weeks early and it was a slow leak - so I thought I was going crazy and couldn't control my bladder. After about a half hour of 'peeing' every time I took a step my mom enouraged me to go to the doctor just to be safe.

Well, like I said I had a slow leak. I was admitted in to the hospital but I wasn't going into labor on my own. (now that I am writing this and reading your question again...I am changing my answer to NO) I had to be induced the next day.

Like I said I change my answer - I did have a warning sign (water broke) but I didn't go into labor.

Yes, with my first pregnancy I woke up at 4:30am six days after my due date, in full-blown labor (contractions coming every 2 minutes). I had no clue it was going to happen. I had been up playing on Y!A until the wee hours of the morning, only got about two hours of sleep.

Loose stools, water breaking, loss of mucus plug... all that stuff came *after* labor started.

Good luck!

• LOLeah

Well when I read just the title I was going to come and answer that my only warning sign was the loss of my plug 3 days prior...and this shouldn't even be classified as that because you can lose your plug (or pieces of it) months before delivery. But other than that, nope, nada...No nesting, no contractions, no loose stools...

My Fiance and I woke up on Tuesday morning and started packing up our unit. About an hour after waking, I started getting what felt like mild period pain. Throughout the day, they stayed the same level of consistency/pain. In the evening though they started getting very painful very quickly.

I went up to the hospital that morning, and my Fiance came home at 7am on the Wednesday because he needed to start moving our house!

I gave birth Wednesday 8:43pm. When I arrived though, they gave me morphine, pethadine, then I was given gas. My mucous plug came out around 6pm, and I believe they broke my waters at 7pm.

My Fiance came back for the birth, but had moved a whole house by himself and hadn't slept in over 24 hours. Champion :)

The only early sign I had before the contractions started was the loss of my mucus plug. I noticed I was loosing my plug only the day before labor. I know the waiting is the worst..so far... Just relax, get last minute things ready and baby will be here before you know it!

Good luck!

You might be having false labor and your plug doesn't always show. Just time your contractions and if they continue for an hour go to the hospital. If you water breaks go to the hospital right away even if your contractions go away. Hope this helps and good luck.

YEP! I sure did. In fact it will be exactly 6 weeks ago tomorrow morning at 5:05 am that I went into labor & gave birth 8 hours 6 minutes later at 1:11 pm...with my first child. Yep, supersonic speed.

A little more than a week before, on July 4th, I had braxton hicks contractions every 3 hours for about 12-14 hours then they stopped. No pain, just breath-taking tightness. I also felt a hard THUMP in my lower belly. When I went to the doctor for the first of my weekly checkups a few days later, I was told I was 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced & the baby dropped. During that week I began to feel baby blues & felt like crying all the time. Finally one day I cried uncontrollably throughout the day. I called friend & went out for lunch.

A week later, the morning of July 14, I was up at 2:30 am with a bad case of acid reflux but felt find otherwise. I went to sleep at 3:00 am. At 5:05 am I woke & felt like I had to go to the bathroom but suddenly felt a very hard THUMP in my belly & a growing tightness that felt like really bad period cramping that got so bad front & back I felt like I was in a tightening C-clamp. I couldn't move anything but my arms & legs. I couldn't even roll over to check the clock. It lasted 4 minutes. When I sat finally up, my water broke. In the bathroom I noticed blood in my clothes & called the doctor.

"Your water broke, you're bleeding, go to the hospital NOW." I told him my contractions had just started & weren't even 5 minutes apart yet. "You're bleeding, go NOW" he said more emphatically. 20 minutes later I was hit with a stronger contraction as I headed to my car. During the 20 minute ride to the hospital I had more contractions that were 6 minutes apart & getting stronger. By the time we got the the campus I was grabbing the handle above the car door with both fists, straining at the seatbelt. An hour after my first contraction I was in bed at the hospital & contractions were 5 minutes apart, stronger & coming faster. Two hours after the first contraction they were 3 minutes apart.

I had no real signs of impending labor. I was expecting the burst of energy & loose bowels as well. I was constipated & physically miserable. However during a class a few weeks earlier, the education nurse at the hospital did say they once had a patient come in complaining of discomfort in her legs, like nerve pain in the leg and as it turned out, she was in labor. About 24 hours before I went in labor, I did notice this same symptom but it was so mild & went away I didn't think much of it. The night before I went in labor I thought to myself "I'm so miserable; I can't stand one more day of being pregnant and I still have THREE WEEKS to go!"

I never thought it would happen to me that I would not have impending signs of labor like my mother did (had 6 children) or my sisters & niece all did. I shocked them all! LOL

Congrats & best of luck to you!

I didn't have any signs. I was induced, but when they sent me to L&D to be induced they said I was already in labor with contractions.